We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Remove Row Header and move cells

Hello everyone, Admittedly this is a newby question, but I did not find any reference to it in the forums so I feel compelled to ask. I am first trying to make the row header information invisible. I do not want a count of all the rows going down the side of my grid. I cannot believe I cannot find a solution to this, but perhaps I am looking to hard. Secondly I have shortcut keys to move the grid up and down just like the arrows keys, however I want them to move the grid whether the grid has focus or not. Even if I have to set the focus to the grid and move the cell manually. I have tried a few methods to do this to no avail.. Here is one shot. Private Sub btnUp_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnUp.Click '' Move the cell view up one If gridTrading2.CurrentCell.RowIndex() > 0 And gridTrading2.CurrentCell.RowIndex() < gridTrading2.RowCount Then gridTrading2.CurrentCell.Activate(gridTrading2.CurrentCell.RowIndex(), 5) gridTrading2.CurrentCell.Move(GridDirectionType.Up, 1, False, False) End If End Sub Any ideas? Thank you in advance, Aaron Taylor

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2004 05:04 AM UTC

To hide the row headers, try: grid.Properties.RowHeaders = false; //or grid.Cols.Hidden[0] = true; To make a particular cell the currentcell: try grid.Focus();//if the grid does not have focus grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo(someRowIndex, someColIndex); The MoveTo method can also take a 3rd parameter that you can use to actually activate the cell for editing (GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus) among other setting.

AT Aaron Taylor October 12, 2004 08:17 PM UTC

Thank you very much Chris. Both suggestions where just what I was looking for. Being new at this grid is driving me crazy, but at least there is good help here. Sincerely, Aaron Taylor >To hide the row headers, try: > >grid.Properties.RowHeaders = false; >//or >grid.Cols.Hidden[0] = true; > > >To make a particular cell the currentcell: try > >grid.Focus();//if the grid does not have focus >grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo(someRowIndex, someColIndex); > >The MoveTo method can also take a 3rd parameter that you can use to actually activate the cell for editing (GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus) among other setting.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon