We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

dropdown user control

I''d like to create a special type of dropdown cell that displays any type of user control. For example, if i want a dropdowncell to display a listview control, that listview control has to be unique if i set several columnstyles to this cell type. What I mean is that I don''t want the same listview to popup in each of those cells. Where do i start? Thanks!

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2004 05:49 PM UTC

Take a look at this sample. It shows two ways to do this, one model and one modeless. Grid\Samples\In Depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample

TE Ted October 4, 2004 06:09 PM UTC

>Take a look at this sample. It shows two ways to do this, one model and one modeless. > >Grid\Samples\In Depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample I tried this example. The problem i''m having is that when i set the listviewitems for the Listview in column1, THE SAME grid is popping up in column3 with the SAME listviewitems. Column3 also has the same celltype (dropdownlistview in this case).

TE Ted October 4, 2004 06:12 PM UTC

here is my code Doc1_9052.zip

TE Ted October 4, 2004 06:14 PM UTC

use this file instead Desktop_1480.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2004 07:16 PM UTC

In your render.OnInitialize method, you need to do what is required to initialize your user control to properly reflect what should be seen in the row and column being passed in. Does Me._Ctl.SetSelectedItems(Me.Grid.Model(aRowIndex, aColIndex).Text) properly set the listviewitems that you want to see in aColIndex?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon