We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MultiColumnComboBox: Filtering Columns

I am working with Version 2.1.0.9 and was wondering if there is a way to identify what columns from a data set are displayed and what columns are not. Currently I have to create a new data set and copy only the columns I want to have show be in the Data Grid. For Example, if I have a list of States I want to display the name of the state, the state postal abbreviation. But my data set also stores a state code that is reportable to an outside agency and the country code that is associated with the state. I do not want to display the last two values. To reduce database hits I am retrieving the entire table and storing it in memory and I will use the other columns of data information in processing. Thanks Ben Waters Technology Coordinator City Of Scottsdale - Court

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2004 04:17 AM UTC

Hi Ben, You could hide any number of columns in the MultiColumnComboBox''''s dropdown as shown in the code snippet below : // Show DisplayMember column this.multiColumnBoundCombo.ListBox.Grid.Cols.Hidden[1] = false; // Hide the other columns this.multiColumnBoundCombo.ListBox.Grid.Cols.Hidden[2] = true; this.multiColumnBoundCombo.ListBox.Grid.Cols.Hidden[3] = true; this.multiColumnBoundCombo.ListBox.Grid.Cols.Hidden[4] = true; this.multiColumnBoundCombo.ListBox.Grid.Cols.Hidden[5] = true; Please refer to the sample attached which illustrates this. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon