We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Wizard Control with Enter pressed

I have a control on my wizard page that I would like to act like pressing the next button when enter is pressed. I have an onkeydown event to detect when enter is pressed but I can''t figure out how to have the wizard move to the next page. I found the WizardControl NextPage function but it skips the page validation. I found the WizardControlPage RaiseNextClick but it doesn''t seem to do anything. How do I programatically cause the "next" to be generated?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 5, 2004 10:06 AM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the delay in responding. I am looking into this issue and will update at the earliest. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Stephen. >I have a control on my wizard page that I would like to act like pressing the next button when enter is pressed. I have an onkeydown event to detect when enter is pressed but I can''t figure out how to have the wizard move to the next page. I found the WizardControl NextPage function but it skips the page validation. I found the WizardControlPage RaiseNextClick but it doesn''t seem to do anything. How do I programatically cause the "next" to be generated?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 5, 2004 12:41 PM UTC

Hi, 1) As you have pointed out the WizardControl NextPage function skips the validation and the RaiseNextClick raises the NextClick event on the page but it does not perform Validation nor move the selected page to the next page. We will investigate into this behavior. 2) As a workaround , could you please try this workaround if(e.KeyData == Keys.Enter) { CancelEventArgs pageOneCancelArgs = new CancelEventArgs(); this.wizardControlPage1.RaiseValidatePage(pageOneCancelArgs); if(pageOneCancelArgs.Cancel != true) { this.wizardControl1.NextPage(); } } Here is the sample. F19720WizardEnterPressed_8269.zip Please let me know if you have any questions. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi, > >Sorry for the delay in responding. I am looking into this issue and will update at the earliest. Thank you for your patience. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>I have a control on my wizard page that I would like to act like pressing the next button when enter is pressed. I have an onkeydown event to detect when enter is pressed but I can''t figure out how to have the wizard move to the next page. I found the WizardControl NextPage function but it skips the page validation. I found the WizardControlPage RaiseNextClick but it doesn''t seem to do anything. How do I programatically cause the "next" to be generated?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon