We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPToolbar shortcuts and User Control

Hi, I''m facing a problem since the beginning of the day. I have a User Control containing - dock on the top : a XPToolBar with menu items and on some I have shortcut (like F10) - in the rest of the area of my user control, a panel (docked as Fill) with all my controls When I build the User control DLL and include it in a project containing a Form and an instance of that user control, I''m not able to use my shortcuts. I know I have to use at some point the ProcessCmdKey method, but I don''t find the right place. If possible, I would like to avoid the writing of a huge switch with all my shortcuts and the corresponding methods. Thanks Mario

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2004 05:43 PM UTC

Hi Mario, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The Shortcuts associated with BarItems placed on the XPToolBar does not seem to be working as expected. I have notified the development team in this regard, and we are investigating this issue. I wiil keep you updated regarding the developments. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for your patience. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2004 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Mario, Please refer to the following KB article for information in this regard : Why doesn''t the shortcuts in a XPToolBar not work? Let me know if you need further assistance. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

MC Mario Cadelli October 5, 2004 03:47 AM UTC

Thanks Guru, I have changed some part of my code to make them work. In two words, I have add extra derived classes (one from the XPToolBar and one from the Panel). Them add code to process the shortcuts in the overloaded method ''ProcessCmdKey'' in the derived XPToolbar and add ''ProcessCmdKey'' at the Panel level and at the User Control level (that one is calling the ''ProcessCmdKey'' of the derived XPToolbar). Till now it''s working ok. Thanks for the feedback. Rgds Mario

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 5, 2004 10:08 AM UTC

Hi Mario, Thanks for the update. Please let me know if you need any other information. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon