We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBoxExt Autofilling dropdown list

I am creating many dropdown lists(non-editable) that have a coded number at the begining of the descprtion(i.e 10,11,12,13...51,52,53,54) My question is in regards to autofilling. If the user wants to type in 15, the autofill selects the item with 10 when''1'' is pressed and then jumps to 50 when ''5'' pressed. Is there any way to ''slow'' down the autofill jumping? so if ''15'' is entered in a short time then 15 is selected rather than ''10'' then ''50''? Thank You, Paul

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2004 08:03 PM UTC

Hi Paul, I do see this behavior in the ComboBoxExt/ComboBoxBase controls in DropDownList mode. But this is how the .NET ComboBox behaves too. Our ComboBox controls are closely modelled on the .NET ComboBox and we have maintained similar behavior for consistency purposes. Hence I am afraid, presently it is not possible to achieve your desired behavior. However we could consider this as a feature request for a future release of Essential Suite. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this issue. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

PH Paul Hetherington October 7, 2004 12:59 PM UTC

If this was to be considered for a future release what kind of time line are we talking about. Basically this feature is now required by clients of mine and I need to determine a solution quickly. Thank You, Paul

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2004 01:28 PM UTC

Hi Paul, We have logged a QA report 650 in this regard, and will try our very best to implement this feature request at the earliest. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon