We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPmenu and Essential Grid.

I''m trying to create a context menu (right click menu) for an Essential GroupingGrid using the XPmenu. I''ve created the menu items and put a popupMenusManager on the form, however, the grid never shows a "XPContextMenu on popupMenusManager" property that all other controls display. What am I doing wrong? Is this a bug?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 30, 2004 05:35 PM UTC

Hi, I have tested for this issue in v2.1.0.9 and the PopupMenu seems to be working fine on a GridGroupingControl. Please refer to the test sample attached and let me know if I have not understood your problem correctly. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 1, 2004 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Guru, I opened your form and I see an "XPcontextmenu" property for the form but I DO NOT see one for the grouping grid control! I''m using the evaluation version of Essential Suite. >Hi, > >I have tested for this issue in v2.1.0.9 and the PopupMenu seems to be working fine on a GridGroupingControl. Please refer to the test sample attached and let me know if I have not understood your problem correctly. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 1, 2004 11:16 AM UTC

Hi Guru, Just to follow up my previous reply. I looked at your sample more carefully and found that you had to MANUALLY add code to make the XPmenu attach to the grouping grid control. This is not the case for other controls on the form and the documentation clearly states that ''...it will provide an extended property "XPContextMenu" for all the controls, letting users easily associate a popup menu with a control''. This is not true for the Grid Grouping control (and perhaps for all Essential Grids?). Another question...How do I determine which item in the XPContextMenu was selected? Thanks in advance.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 1, 2004 12:01 PM UTC

Never mind about my last question. I figured it out from reading another post. Once again, this stuff (assigning code to a click event of the XPmenu) is NOT clearly documented. Thank GOD for this forum.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2004 04:12 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the feedback in this regard. I do see that the PopupMenu''s extended property does not show up in the designer. I have notified the development team in this regard, and we will address this issue at the earliest. The menuitems in the PopupMenu are of type BarItems and you could handle the events (Click in this case) associated with each BarItem to do the desired task. Refer to the Essential Tools Users Guide Start Menu >> Programs >> Syncfusion > Essential Suite 2.1.0.9 >> Documentation >> Essential Tools Users Guide under Packages >> XPMenus >> Basic Concepts >> PopuMenu. We are also reworking our documentation to extensively document all our controls and their usages. Please let me know if you need any other information. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon