We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SaveDockState with floating windows

I am having a problem with persisting the state of floating windows in my application. When I use the appstate serializer to save to an xml file and then reload, the flotaing panel goes away. Only by loading another dock state with the control docked can I get the control back. I am using version 2.0.5.1. Upgrading to the latest version is not a solution since there is a treeview bug in 2.1.6 that prevents us from deploying. I can make all of the controls not float before I save the state, but is there another solution?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 29, 2004 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Justin, I was not able to reproduce the problem using version 2.0.5.1. Please take a look at the sample and let me know if you see the problem in this sample also. If yes, then could you please modify the sample to reproduce the issue. F19525DockingStateFloating_1850.zip Thanks, Stephen. >I am having a problem with persisting the state of floating windows in my application. When I use the appstate serializer to save to an xml file and then reload, the flotaing panel goes away. Only by loading another dock state with the control docked can I get the control back. I am using version 2.0.5.1. Upgrading to the latest version is not a solution since there is a treeview bug in 2.1.6 that prevents us from deploying. > >I can make all of the controls not float before I save the state, but is there another solution?

AM Adam Miller September 30, 2004 12:32 PM UTC

I have found some other DockState problems with Syncfusion 2.0.5.1 If you add a docked control, then LoadDockState, the newly added docked control will not be visible. If you set an handler for DockStateUnavailable, then attempt SetDockVisibility( control, true ), the control is never visibile. The DockingManager erroneously sets the DockHostController.Visibility to false after the event handler returns. I have modified your sample to show the problem and have also provided a workaround by calling BeginInvoke to set the DockVisiblity to true after the event handler. Comment out the line: BeginInvoke( new DockStateUnavailableEventHandler( internal_DockStateUnavailableHandler ), new object[] { sender, arg } ); and run the sample. You should see a new docked panel: Panel3. Press the Load button and Panel3 will disappear. Uncomment out the BeginInvoke call and re-run the sample. Hit the load button and Panel3 will remain visible.

JK Justin Koh September 30, 2004 03:29 PM UTC

I found my problem. In an attempt to hide the flicker, I was making the window not visible while I saved and loaded the state. Instead, I have used LockWindowUpdate. There is still some flicker, but it is much less than before (I tried using form.suspendlayout). >Hi Justin, > >I was not able to reproduce the problem using version 2.0.5.1. Please take a look at the sample and let me know if you see the problem in this sample also. If yes, then could you please modify the sample to reproduce the issue. >F19525DockingStateFloating_1850.zip > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > > >>I am having a problem with persisting the state of floating windows in my application. When I use the appstate serializer to save to an xml file and then reload, the flotaing panel goes away. Only by loading another dock state with the control docked can I get the control back. I am using version 2.0.5.1. Upgrading to the latest version is not a solution since there is a treeview bug in 2.1.6 that prevents us from deploying. >> >>I can make all of the controls not float before I save the state, but is there another solution? > > > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon