We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

multicolumn combo box problem

I am trying to use the MultiColumnComboBox in the following way. When the focus is on the Combobox control, the user should be able to type in the value and as they are typing, the dropdown list should be displayed and the selection should go down to the closest match as the user types... The value can ONLY be one from the list (i.e, if the typed value is not in the list, the combobox should display the start of the list when it loses focus) I am using MultiColumnComboBox with ''DropDownStyle'' property as ''DropDown'' and everything seems to be working fine except that as the user types in the value, the list seems to be going to the right selections, but the value itself is NOT being selected. It only highlights the value for a split second and then disappears... and the selected value is not being returned even though the value appears in the combobox when it loses focus. However, the value is being returned just fine if the selection is made manually with the mouse... so the value/row MUST be highlighted in order to return the selected value because I am using "SelectedIndex" to get the value...

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 30, 2004 04:46 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This appears like a shortcoming in our MultiColumnComboBox, and we have logged a QA report# 588 in this regard. We will try our very best to address this issue at the earliest and include fixes in our future releases. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JE jeanning April 1, 2005 02:59 PM UTC

Hi, I would like to know this problem is soloved or not. Thanks, jeanning >Hi, > >Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This appears like a shortcoming in our MultiColumnComboBox, and we have logged a QA report# 588 in this regard. We will try our very best to address this issue at the earliest and include fixes in our future releases. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 4, 2005 03:50 PM UTC

Hi Jeanning, I believe this was fixed for v3.0.1. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

JA Jayesh June 25, 2018 11:56 AM UTC

Could you please specify the properties used to achieve above functionality

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team June 26, 2018 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Jayesh

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support

On analyzing the reported query, we come to know that you want to highlight the value or row of ComboBoxItem when it matches the searched text . For this you can use the SelectionMode property , and the same has been depicted in below code:

Code:

this.multiColumnComboBox1.ListBox.SelectionMode = SelectionMode.one;

We have also attached sample and screenshot for your reference in below link:

Sample:

Screenshot: 

Please check this sample and let us know whether you are asking the properties for this functionality. If not , please brief about your requirement. It would be helpful for us to proceed on this.

Regards
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team June 26, 2018 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Jayesh

Please ignore the previous update.

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support

On analyzing the reported query, we come to know that you want to highlight the value or row of ComboBoxItem when it matches the searched text . For this you can use the SelectionMode property , and the same has been depicted in below code:

Code:

this.multiColumnComboBox1.ListBox.SelectionMode = SelectionMode.one;

We have also attached sample and screenshot for your reference in below link:

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/19453/ze/MultiColumnComboBoxWithMultiSelect2023289192

Screenshot: 

Please check this sample and let us know whether you are asking the properties for this functionality. If not , please brief about your requirement. It would be helpful for us to proceed on this.

Regards
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon