We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

OpenFileDialog folder settings

The .NET OpenFileDialog functionality always displays the folder using "fixed" folder settings. The folder settings are things like thumbnails, tiles, icons, list, details and the order in which the files in the folder are displayed. The user can modify these folder settings for the current OpenFileDialog session, but I can''t find a way of keeping these settings across different open file dialog sessions like Windows explorer does. Does anyone know how to do this? Alternatively, where does the .NET OpenFileDialog class get the folder settings it uses for display?

2 Replies

DA Dave July 13, 2005 09:29 PM UTC

Hi Apolon, I have the same problem and was wondering if you found a solution. If so, please let me know... Thanks, Dave >The .NET OpenFileDialog functionality always displays the folder using "fixed" folder settings. The folder settings are things like thumbnails, tiles, icons, list, details and the order in which the files in the folder are displayed. > >The user can modify these folder settings for the current OpenFileDialog session, but I can''t find a way of keeping these settings across different open file dialog sessions like Windows explorer does. > >Does anyone know how to do this? >Alternatively, where does the .NET OpenFileDialog class get the folder settings it uses for display?

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team August 30, 2005 07:17 AM UTC

Hi, See the following article on CodeProject: http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/FileDialogExtender.asp Thanks, Vijay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon