We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

2 Questions about Grouping Area

I need to do two things with the Grouping Area in a GroupingControl: 1.) How can I remove the table name that appears on the left side of the grouping area? 2.) How can I set the background color to be a gradient? I would prefer to know how to do this with the control properties (so VS can write the code), rather than writing the code myself. Though any help will be appreciated. -- Bert Lowry

2 Replies

BL Bert Lowry September 21, 2004 03:18 PM UTC

I found the answer to question #1. I set the TableDescriptor.Name in the FormLoad. It doesn''t work if I change it in InitializeComponents(). Further, for some reason, when I set it with the control properties in VS, it doesn''t stick. If I close the project and re-open it, the previous value (the table name) is restored. It works if I set it in the FormLoad, though. I still need an answer to question #2: how do I set the GroupDropArea background color to a gradient? -- Bert Lowry

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 21, 2004 05:28 PM UTC

Hi Bert, the following code seems to work. I tried it with the GroupCustomers example: //this.groupingGrid1.GridGroupDropArea.Model.TableStyle.BackColor = Color.Gainsboro; this.groupingGrid1.GridGroupDropArea.DrawCell += new GridDrawCellEventHandler(GridGroupDropArea_DrawCell); this.groupingGrid1.GridGroupDropArea.Paint += new PaintEventHandler(GridGroupDropArea_Paint); this.groupingGrid1.GridGroupDropArea.Model.Properties.BackgroundColor = Color.Transparent; this.groupingGrid1.GridGroupDropArea.Dock = DockStyle.Fill; this.groupingGrid1.GridGroupDropArea.PrepareViewStyleInfo += new GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventHandler(GridGroupDropArea_PrepareViewStyleInfo); } bool paintFirst = true; private void GridGroupDropArea_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e) { e.Style.BackColor = Color.Transparent; } private void GridGroupDropArea_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e) { paintFirst = true; } private void GridGroupDropArea_DrawCell(object sender, GridDrawCellEventArgs e) { if (paintFirst) { Control c = (Control) sender; Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo gradient = new Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo(Syncfusion.Drawing.GradientStyle.Horizontal, Color.White, Color.Gray); Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushPaint.FillRectangle(e.Graphics, c.ClientRectangle, gradient); } paintFirst = false; } Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon