We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to loop through to get cell values for GridGroupingControl

For gridcontrol, I know to get all cell value by loop through each cell like following code: for (int i = 1;i
6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2004 03:17 PM UTC

Hi, try calling FieldDescriptor field = groupingControl.TableDescriptor.Columns[columnName].FieldDescriptor; groupingControl.Table.Records[recordNum].GetValue(field); whereas recordNum is the record number and columnName the name of the column. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2004 03:22 PM UTC

One more thing. If you have a rowIndex and colIndex and what to know all about the cell that is displayed, you should get its TableCellIdentity: GridStyleInfo style = gridModel[rowIndex, colIndex]; GridTableCellStyleInfo tStyle = (GridTableCellStyleInfo); GridTableCellStyleInfoIdentity id = tStyle.TableCellIdentity; // id has information about DisplayElement, Column, SummaryColumn etc. The record displayed at the row is DisplayElement.ParentRecord Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2004 04:00 PM UTC

Hi Stephan, While this works for most cells in the grid, a problem still exists when a column contains a combobox whose displayvalue is a string but the underlying table field value is a numeric value. The code exports the numeric value. How can I get the cell''s displayvalue instead? >Hi, > >try calling > >FieldDescriptor field = groupingControl.TableDescriptor.Columns[columnName].FieldDescriptor; > >groupingControl.Table.Records[recordNum].GetValue(field); > >whereas recordNum is the record number and >columnName the name of the column. > >Stefan >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2004 05:16 PM UTC

When you have the Style for the field, you can call its FormattedText property. If you need to get the rowIndex from a given record index, you could use the following: Record r; int rowIndex = Table.DisplayElements.IndexOf(r); // Now you have the row index If you need to get the column index from a column descriptor int colIndex = Table.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.IndexOf(columnName); if (colIndex != -1) colIndex += Table.TableDescriptor.GetColumnIndentCount(); We''ll also have more advanced for foreign keys in our next version - then you''ll simply be able to call something like record.GetValue("RelatedTable.DisplayFieldName") which will be much easier. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 20, 2004 02:22 PM UTC

I haven''t quite understand your code. Here is my routine to export GridGropingControl cell data to Excell. Could tell me where I should put the code to get the Display value instead of code: private void ExportToExcelFile(string FileName) { this.Cursor=Cursors.WaitCursor; this.Refresh(); IWorkbook myWorkBook = ExcelUtils.CreateWorkbook(1); IWorksheet sheet = myWorkBook.Worksheets[0]; for (int i=0;iWhen you have the Style for the field, you can call its FormattedText property. > >If you need to get the rowIndex from a given record index, you could use the following: > >Record r; >int rowIndex = Table.DisplayElements.IndexOf(r); > >// Now you have the row index > >If you need to get the column index from a column descriptor > >int colIndex = Table.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.IndexOf(columnName); >if (colIndex != -1) >colIndex += Table.TableDescriptor.GetColumnIndentCount(); > >We''ll also have more advanced for foreign keys in our next version - then you''ll simply be able to call something like record.GetValue("RelatedTable.DisplayFieldName") which will be much easier. > >Stefan > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 20, 2004 03:10 PM UTC

I think this should work: private void ExportToExcelFile(string FileName) { this.Cursor=Cursors.WaitCursor; this.Refresh(); IWorkbook myWorkBook = ExcelUtils.CreateWorkbook(1); IWorksheet sheet = myWorkBook.Worksheets[0]; Hashtable colIndexMapping = new Hashtable(); int count = gd.TableModel.ColCount; int colIndex = -1; for (int i = 0; i < count; i++) { GridColumnDescriptor cd = gd.Table.GetHeaderColumnDescriptorAt(i); if (cd != null) colIndexMapping[cd.Name] = i; } for (int i=0;i { FieldDescriptor field = gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[i].FieldDescriptor; string sFieldName=field.Name; sheet.Range[1,i+1].Text=sFieldName; //sheet.Range[1,i+1].Value2 =sFieldName; sheet.Range[1,i+1].CellStyle.Font.Bold = true; } for (int i=0;i { string sFieldName=gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[i].Name; //FieldDescriptor field = gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[i].FieldDescriptor; for(int j=0; j { Record r = gdBase.Table.Records[j]; int rowIndex = gdBase.Table.DisplayElements.IndexOf(r); int colIndex = (int) colIndexMapping[gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[i].Name]; sheet.Range[j+2,i+1].Text = gdBase.Model[rowIndex, colIndex].FormattedText; } } #region Saving Workbook myWorkBook.SaveAs(FileName); myWorkBook.Close(); ExcelUtils.ThrowNotSavedOnDestroy = false; this.Cursor=Cursors.Default; # endregion } Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon