We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PopupControlContainer & GridDataBoundGrid w/ ComboBox cell type

I'm attempting to place a GridDataBoundGrid that has a ComboBox cell type in a PopupControlContainer. The problem that I'm running into is that when the combobox is dropped down the PopupControlContainer closes. I've tried using the CustomPopupControlContainer sample that I found on this web site, but it doesn't resolve the problem. My question is whether IPopupParent will provide a solution to this problem? Thanks, Sean

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2002 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Sean, We apologize for the delay in responding to your question. We got severely paralyzed by the Ice Storm last week. Anyway, I am attaching a sample that has a Grid in a PopupControlContainer that also has a combo in it's cell. Look for "SF Comments" in the Form source for how this sample lets you workaround the problem you describe. Regards, Praveen Ramesh Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2002 12:14 PM UTC

Sorry, here is the attachment. -Praveen

SG Sean Greer December 12, 2002 05:52 PM UTC

Praveen, The problem is that I was using a PopupControlContainer and not a GridDropDownContainer, as your sample uses. I have made this change and it is now working properly. Is the GridDropDownContainer a new control, or is there some reason it does not show up in my Toolbox? Sean

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2002 08:24 PM UTC

Sean, We will document GridDropDownContainer better and then make it available in the Toolbox. We apologize for the inconvenience. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon