I'm trying to adding the docking control functionality to an existing application and this does not seem to be a very possible action. I'm not sure if everything needs to be incorporated into a Docking Client panel then add the docking manager or what. Add to that, that when I simply try to add the docking manager to the existing application, I'm getting a invalid cast error. I need some assistance on this.
PSPrakash S Syncfusion Team April 23, 2002 01:17 PM
The DockingClientPanel class should be used only with those forms that do not have the Form.MdiContainer property set. Assuming that your form is a non-MDIContainer form, docking support may be added through the following sequence of steps,
1. Add the DockingManager component to the form.
2. Add an instance of the DockingClientPanel control to the form.
3. Resize the DockingClientPanel control so that it is large enough to accomodate the non-dockable controls on the form. Move all non-dockable controls from the form to the DockingClientPanel class.
4. Turn on the EnableDocking property for the applicable controls that still remain on the form. These will be transformed into docking windows.
5. Finally set the DockingClienPanel.SizeToFit property to TRUE.
As for getting an error message when adding an instance of the DockingManager, this seems to be specific to your application. I will look into your sample and provide you with an update.