We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Selection mode in GrouingGrid

I am using GroupingGridControl with DataSource of 2 related tables. I have set the gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Row | GridSelectionFlags.AlphaBlend and gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.One; but when i click on any child of a group, the corresponding child row of all other groups got selected automatically. That means if i have 4 groups and i click on a child row of only one group i have 4 rows selected instead of 1. Moreover the selection of parent rows occurs at the same time, i.e. if i select a child row and then any of the parent rows both of them remain selected. I hope this is by design, but i dont want this behaviour. Please tell me how to avoid this behaviour.

6 Replies

NA Naveed Ahmed Siddiqui September 13, 2004 07:22 AM UTC

One more thing, its really strange but some how the first child row of any group does not get selected. I''m attatching the sample for u to see. BTW im using Evaluation Version of GridGroupingControl v2.0.5.1

NA Naveed Ahmed Siddiqui September 13, 2004 07:24 AM UTC

One more thing, its really strange but some how the first child row of any group does not get selected. I''m attatching the sample for u to see. BTW im using Evaluation Version of GridGroupingControl v2.0.5.1 GroupingGridTest_3757.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 13, 2004 12:49 PM UTC

You should try 2.1.0.9 as ListBoxSelectionMode works better in that version. Here is a forum thread that has a little sample with ListBoxSelectionMode set. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=18850

NA Naveed Ahmed Siddiqui September 16, 2004 05:04 AM UTC

It seems that we have to get v2.1.0.9 because the link u provided does not helped at all. Did u understand the problem statement??

NA Naveed Ahmed Siddiqui September 16, 2004 01:32 PM UTC

We have downloaded the evaluation version of EssentialSuite v2.1.0.9. and yet we face the same selection problem. I dont think this forum is of help to the customers. plz be more responsible in reply and try to solve our problems instead or redirection.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2004 03:08 PM UTC

Hi Naveed, the ListBoxSelectionMode.One only works with non-nested tables, not with nested tables. We are working on a selection mechanism also for nested tables for the next version. For your specific requirements you should therefore not use ListBoxSelectionMode.One. Instead we recommend handling PrepareViewStyle and simply highlighting the current record. That attached sample HighlighCurrentRecord2109_5329.zip shows how to do this. It also demonstrates how to navigate the current record between nested tables (we''ll also make this a built-in option in future releases). Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon