We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Step by step in Syncfusion code.....

hi I am trying to run a little projet with a reference to your syncfusion.tools code. I cant step into your code! With the F12 key (element definition), I always go to the object explorator window...... I ran the assembly manager, and use debug version...I created a new solution with a VB EXE project, and open your syncfusion.tools.csproj... I am missing something? Thanks for your help! bye lobrys

4 Replies

LO LoPazzo September 13, 2004 01:08 PM UTC

Hi, I''ve tried all you answered in your post (http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=11843) BUT It never stops on breakpoints in YOUR code. My code is in VB.Net. I just use a dateTimePickeradv on my form, and I have putted a breakpoint in DateTimePickerAdv.Cs on processcmdkey function. I ran the project, I tested the control by seizing characters, and it didn''t stop. What''s wrong with way off testing ? Thank you, Lo Pazzo.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 14, 2004 04:00 PM UTC

Hi lobrys, I will have to do some more testing, but I believe that this is standard behavior when attempting to use F12 to go to an element definition that is contained in a project not currently into the solution. This is different than being able to step into the code via F11, or by setting a breakpoint in our code and debugging. -Trampas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 14, 2004 04:06 PM UTC

Hi Lo Pazzo, First, make sure that your project is referencing the assemblies found in the public assembly folder (e.g. c:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies). This is the location that the Assembly Manager will place the built debug versions of the Syncfusion assemblies. If the references were manually added to point to a different directory (for example the prebuilt assemblies directory), then you would not actually be linking to the debug version. Also,you specify that you are not able to hit a breakpoint in our code - are you able to step into our code, for example using F11 to step into myDateTimePicker = new DateTimePickerAdv();? Thanks, -Trampas

LO LoPazzo September 16, 2004 08:42 AM UTC

Hi Trampas, All is OK. My project wasn''t referencing to the good assemblies. Thank you very much, Have a nice day, Lo Pazzo

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon