We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Creating Custom Relations in GGC

I''ve looked at the samples that illustrate how GGC imports Relations from DataSet assigned to DataSource. What I see now, is that Relations list is populated automatically when I assign DataSource, and is cleared out when DataSource changes. It''s not exactly what I need to do. My DataSet has number of relations (most are foreign keys, but not all of them). I don''t want to display them all. Instead I want to display just a few, and even create one or two that are NOT in the original dataset. (DataSet is provided to me by another part of code and should not be subject of modification). Is there a chance we can get some kind of example, how to manually create and manage relations on GGC? If necessary, I can provide some pseudo-code that shows the functionality that I''m looking for. Thanks.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 8, 2004 11:44 PM UTC

Hi Jeck, attached find a sample that lets you specify relations manually. ManualRelations_2932.zip With regards to foreign keys. In our next version we will have full support for specifying foreign keys and have the fields from the related table automatically be included into the main table. If you are interested in this we can give you access to interim builds (should have something ready soon) so you can check it out. Just open a direct trac incident if you are interested. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2004 01:46 PM UTC

Thank you! Specifying RelationKind property solved the problem I was having! (Child rows would now show up).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2004 12:10 AM UTC

I tried downloading sample, but I get 404-File-Not-Found error. Is it possible to get the sample ?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2004 06:48 AM UTC

Try this link: http://64.78.52.104/support/user/Uploads/ManualRelations_2932.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon