We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TabbedGroupedMDIManager behavior

Hi! I''m using TabbedGroupedMDIManager class and TabbedGroup classes but I''ve noticed some ''strange'' behavior: 1. I create a TabbedGroupedMDIManager object, then I add a TabbedGroup to the collection of TabbedGroups, (I create the TabbedGroup object first then I add it to the collection). Once I''ve created the group, I add 3 or 4 forms by using AddForm of the TabbedGroup, however whenever I query: tabbedGroupedMDIManager.TabbedGroups[0].MdiChildren.Length I get only one child form even if there are more than one. (I assumed MdiChildren property would return a collection of child forms asociated to the group). 2. Another problem comes when I detach the TabbedGroupedMDIManager object from the MdiContainer (by using DetachFromMdiContainer), the three or four child forms appear in casacade so one of them get focus and stay on top but if I click on the client area of one of the forms that are behind the active form it doesn''t get focus, it only get focus when I click on the caption bar (or borders) of the form, I''ve tested this behavior in normal MdiChild environment (without using TabbedGroupedMDIManager) and this doesn''t happen (active form stay on top but when I clikc on the client area of another form this one get focus). Am I missing something? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance! EcoSoft Opus Development

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 8, 2004 12:07 AM UTC

Hi Ecosoft, I have tested for both of these issues in our latest release v2.1.0.9 and the TabbedGroupedMDIManager seems to be working as expected. Please refer to the test sample attached that illustrates this, and let me know if I have understood your problem correctly. Also, let me know if you are using an earlier version of Essential Suite. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

EC ecosoft September 8, 2004 11:54 AM UTC

Thanks for your answer and sample. I''ve upgraded to release 2.1.0.9 but basically the problem is that I am accesing the MdiChildren collection like a zero-based collection (sorry..., my mistake). In the second case, the behavior is due to I assign an MdiParent and call Show() of the child form before calling AddForm(), after searching in TabbedGroupedMDIManager''s code I realized there was no need to do that since AddForm calls Show() and assigns MdiParent, after this it behaves as expected. Thanks for your attention. Luis Salazar EcoSoft Opus Development

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 8, 2004 06:23 PM UTC

Hi Luis, Thanks for the update. Please let me know if you need any other information. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon