We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Auditing Changed Records GridDataBoundGrid

I would like to create an audit trail of certian cell values that are updated. I have an oleDataBoundAdapter which I am invoking the Adapter.Update(Dataset) method on. If I create an event handler on the RowUpdate event, is it possible to retrieve the previous value for a cell that was changed so it can be saved to an audit table? thx

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 7, 2004 12:09 PM UTC

Not sure what RowUpdate event you are thinking about using. You could use grid.RowLeave and check grid.Binder.IsEditing to see if there is a change pending. If so, it would likely be easier to get values from your datasource before the change. int position = grid.Binder.RowIndexToPosition(e.RowIndex); CurrencyManager cm = (CurrencyManager) grid.BindingContext[grid.DataSource, grid.DataMember]; DataRowView drv = ((DataView)cm.List)[position]; //from drv, you can get fields like drv["Col1"].

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon