We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

A missing TabPage on a TabContol ....

Hi, I use a TabControlAdv and I need to Hide and Show a certain TabPageAdv, so I use the TabPageAdv.TabVisible = true/false. My problem is this: when I try to show the page again, it''s label is missing. There is no way to reach the page with the mouse. It is, however, possible to reach the page with the keyboard, so I know the page is there. Is there a way to cause the TabControlAdv to create the label again ? is it a bug ? As a workaround, I remove and add the page, and that works.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 6, 2004 03:01 AM UTC

I forgot to say "Thanks ..." kagan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 7, 2004 02:15 PM UTC

Hi Kagan, While hiding a TabPageAdv you should first set its TabVisible property to false and then set the next TabPageAdv as the TabControlAdv''s SelectedTab if the hidden TabPageAdv was the SelectedTab. Please refer to the sample that illustrates this and let me know if you need further assistance. Also note that this sample was created using Essential Suite v2.1.0.9. Let me know if you are using an earlier version. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 8, 2004 10:09 AM UTC

Thanks. It took us some time but we finally got to the buttom of it: If you set the - TabControlAdv.Multiline = true then once you hide the tab, you can''t reShow it correctly. I added this single line to your sample and got the same result. Any ideas ? kagan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 10, 2004 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Kagan, Thanks for the update. I do see this problem here when the TabControlAdv is in MultiLine mode, and have notified the development team in this regard. For now you could use the following workaround. // Handle the button''s Click event as shown below bool flag = false; private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if (flag == false) { if (this.tabControlAdv1.Multiline == true) { this.tabControlAdv1.Multiline = false; if (this.tabControlAdv1.SelectedTab == this.tabPageAdv2) this.tabControlAdv1.SelectedTab = this.tabPageAdv3; this.tabPageAdv2.TabVisible = flag; this.tabControlAdv1.Multiline = true; } } else { this.tabControlAdv1.Multiline = false; this.tabPageAdv2.TabVisible = flag; this.tabControlAdv1.Multiline = true; } flag = !flag; } The complete sample illustrating this workaround is attached here. Please refer to it and let me know if this works for you. We appreciate your feedback. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 12, 2004 07:29 AM UTC

Your workaround works fine. Is it any better than removing and adding the tabPage ? (instead of Hide/Show) By the way, the multiLine manipulation is only needed when changing the TabVisible back to true. There is no need to change it to singleLine and back when setting it to false. Thank you for your help. I''ll be waiting for the fix ... :) kagan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon