We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to read Group information?

Good Day, I have sucessfully set Group outlining, but do not know how to read the grouping information from an xls file. Please help. Thanks, Greg

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 7, 2004 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Greg, Currently it is not possible to read group information. We will be adding new properties to read groups. The implementation will be something similar to this 1) bool IsGrouped { get; } //Check if cell is grouped. 2) IRange GroupArea { get; } // Retrieve the Group range to which the specified range belongs to. 3) ExcelGroupBy GroupType { get;} // Retrieve is the group is a vertical or horizontal group. Please let me know if you have any questions. Best regards, Stephen. >Good Day, > >I have sucessfully set Group outlining, but do not know how to read the grouping information from an xls file. > >Please help. > >Thanks, >Greg >

GR Greg September 7, 2004 02:20 PM UTC

Stephen, Of course, a cell may be in more than one group range (a3 is in A1:A5 row group and A3:A4 row group). So returning a single group for a cell may be insufficient. For my use, I would like to have a collection of groups much like the named range collection. Perhaps: worksheet.GroupsByRow Range1 Range2 ... .GroupsByColumn each having a .Count, etc. Then I can iterate through the groups to set them up properly in my system. Also having your proposal would be good, if I can get a collection back. i.e. IRange.Groups returns collection of Groups having overall Group IRange and row/col type that this IRange belongs to. Hope my thoughts help. Thanks, Greg >Hi Greg, > >Currently it is not possible to read group information. We will be adding new properties to read groups. The implementation will be something similar to this > >1) bool IsGrouped { get; } //Check if cell is grouped. > >2) IRange GroupArea { get; } // Retrieve the Group range to which the specified range belongs to. > >3) ExcelGroupBy GroupType { get;} // Retrieve is the group is a vertical or horizontal group. > >Please let me know if you have any questions. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > > > >>Good Day, >> >>I have sucessfully set Group outlining, but do not know how to read the grouping information from an xls file. >> >>Please help. >> >>Thanks, >>Greg >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2004 06:04 AM UTC

Hi Greg, Thanks for your suggestions. I have passed them on to the development team. I will keep you informed on the status of this feature. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Stephen, > >Of course, a cell may be in more than one group range (a3 is in A1:A5 row group and A3:A4 row group). So returning a single group for a cell may be insufficient. For my use, I would like to have a collection of groups much like the named range collection. > >Perhaps: > >worksheet.GroupsByRow > Range1 > Range2 > ... >.GroupsByColumn > >each having a .Count, etc. > >Then I can iterate through the groups to set them up properly in my system. > >Also having your proposal would be good, if I can get a collection back. i.e. IRange.Groups returns collection of Groups having overall Group IRange and row/col type that this IRange belongs to. > >Hope my thoughts help. > >Thanks, >Greg > > >>Hi Greg, >> >>Currently it is not possible to read group information. We will be adding new properties to read groups. The implementation will be something similar to this >> >>1) bool IsGrouped { get; } //Check if cell is grouped. >> >>2) IRange GroupArea { get; } // Retrieve the Group range to which the specified range belongs to. >> >>3) ExcelGroupBy GroupType { get;} // Retrieve is the group is a vertical or horizontal group. >> >>Please let me know if you have any questions. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >> >> >>>Good Day, >>> >>>I have sucessfully set Group outlining, but do not know how to read the grouping information from an xls file. >>> >>>Please help. >>> >>>Thanks, >>>Greg >>>

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon