We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Row Blinking in GridDataBoundGrid

Hello! I have a question about blinking a Row in GridDataBoundGrid. Following is a scenario. I have GridDataBoundGrid with DataSource set to a DataTable that gets data from Server Side (I parse the XML and add data to the Table). Now I want to perform some actions on this data like, Cancelling an order, its all good until the request fulfills successfully. The requirement is that if an Error occurs in response to an Operation, the errorneous record row must blink in Red 5 times. I have a DataColumn "Error" in the datatable, that indicates that if the record is errorneous. But I don''t know how to Blink the whole row. Help me in this regard Thanks. Bye!

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 3, 2004 05:45 AM UTC

Here is a KB link that shows a way to blink a cell every now and then. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10558 To use the same technique to do a row every now and then, you would e.ColIndex == this.col to e.ColIndex > 0 in the PrepareViewStyleInfo eventhandler and change the the GridRangeInfo to GridRangeInfo.Row(this.row) in the tick eventhandler. Now this technique relies on a timer on the UI thread. So, if you are going to have many rows blinking at once, this might hinder your UI performance by spiking the CPU load. In this case, you might want to try the more involved blinking solution that manages the cells that blinking in a different thread like the sample referred to in your earlier post. That sample was for a GridControl, but could be modified to work with a GridDataBoundGrid.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon