We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XPTaskBar and XPTaskBarBox Query

Hi, I have query related to resize of controls depending on the area available when multiple XPTaskBarBox are expand or collapse. I have mulitple XPTaskBarBox on Form each containing multiple grid or RichTextBox controls. As we are aware, XPTaskBarBox control has functionality for collapse and expand. I want to know can we resize the controls inside XPTaskBarBox depending on the size available after collapsing the other XPTaskBarBoxes on the form. I mean to say, when I collapse other XPTaskBarBoxes on form and keep any one of the XPTaskBarBox expanded, can i expand the grids or RichTextBox present in that expanded XPTaskBarBox? This will help my user to see more number of records in grid or long comments in richtextbox control without scrolling it down. If you answer "Yes" to my above query then could you please suggest me how to achieve it. Please give me some reference topic or sample code for the same. I have tried to explain my problem in more simpler way, but still feel free to revert back to my email address in case of further clarifications. Thanks, Pramod Dhanwade

7 Replies

PD Pramod Dhanwade September 3, 2004 10:11 AM UTC

I have not received any feedback on my issue. Could you please reply with your comments? Thanks.... >Hi, > >I have query related to resize of controls depending on the area available when multiple XPTaskBarBox are expand or collapse. > >I have mulitple XPTaskBarBox on Form each containing multiple grid or RichTextBox controls. As we are aware, XPTaskBarBox control has functionality for collapse and expand. > >I want to know can we resize the controls inside XPTaskBarBox depending on the size available after collapsing the other XPTaskBarBoxes on the form. I mean to say, when I collapse other XPTaskBarBoxes on form and keep any one of the XPTaskBarBox expanded, can i expand the grids or RichTextBox present in that expanded XPTaskBarBox? This will help my user to see more number of records in grid or long comments in richtextbox control without scrolling it down. > >If you answer "Yes" to my above query then could you please suggest me how to achieve it. Please give me some reference topic or sample code for the same. > >I have tried to explain my problem in more simpler way, but still feel free to revert back to my email address in case of further clarifications. > > >Thanks, >Pramod Dhanwade

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 3, 2004 10:21 AM UTC

Hi Pramod, Sorry for the delay in responding. I am looking into this issue and will update this thread at the earliest. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Stephen. >I have not received any feedback on my issue. Could you please reply with your comments? > > >Thanks.... > >>Hi, >> >>I have query related to resize of controls depending on the area available when multiple XPTaskBarBox are expand or collapse. >> >>I have mulitple XPTaskBarBox on Form each containing multiple grid or RichTextBox controls. As we are aware, XPTaskBarBox control has functionality for collapse and expand. >> >>I want to know can we resize the controls inside XPTaskBarBox depending on the size available after collapsing the other XPTaskBarBoxes on the form. I mean to say, when I collapse other XPTaskBarBoxes on form and keep any one of the XPTaskBarBox expanded, can i expand the grids or RichTextBox present in that expanded XPTaskBarBox? This will help my user to see more number of records in grid or long comments in richtextbox control without scrolling it down. >> >>If you answer "Yes" to my above query then could you please suggest me how to achieve it. Please give me some reference topic or sample code for the same. >> >>I have tried to explain my problem in more simpler way, but still feel free to revert back to my email address in case of further clarifications. >> >> >>Thanks, >>Pramod Dhanwade

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 3, 2004 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Pramod, Sorry about the delay. If I understood your requirements, you needed to resize controls inside xptaskbarboxes at runtime based on the collapse state of other xptaskbar boxes. I put together a very basic sample to demonstrate this F18542XPTaskBoxResize_7347.zip About the sample ----------------- 1) There are 2 xptaskbar boxes. 2) Each have two grid controls. 3) Both show up in expanded state by default. 4) Initially the gridcontrols inside xptaskbarbox2 display only 9 rows without scrolling. 5) Try collapsing xptasbarbox1 , now the gridcontrols in xptaskbarbox2 will display 32 rows without scrolling. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi Pramod, > >Sorry for the delay in responding. I am looking into this issue and will update this thread at the earliest. Thank you for your patience. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>I have not received any feedback on my issue. Could you please reply with your comments? >> >> >>Thanks.... >> >>>Hi, >>> >>>I have query related to resize of controls depending on the area available when multiple XPTaskBarBox are expand or collapse. >>> >>>I have mulitple XPTaskBarBox on Form each containing multiple grid or RichTextBox controls. As we are aware, XPTaskBarBox control has functionality for collapse and expand. >>> >>>I want to know can we resize the controls inside XPTaskBarBox depending on the size available after collapsing the other XPTaskBarBoxes on the form. I mean to say, when I collapse other XPTaskBarBoxes on form and keep any one of the XPTaskBarBox expanded, can i expand the grids or RichTextBox present in that expanded XPTaskBarBox? This will help my user to see more number of records in grid or long comments in richtextbox control without scrolling it down. >>> >>>If you answer "Yes" to my above query then could you please suggest me how to achieve it. Please give me some reference topic or sample code for the same. >>> >>>I have tried to explain my problem in more simpler way, but still feel free to revert back to my email address in case of further clarifications. >>> >>> >>>Thanks, >>>Pramod Dhanwade

PD Pramod Dhanwade September 8, 2004 08:31 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, Thanks for your help. But it seems the zipped project you sent is incomplete. I tried to complile it but getting compilation errors. Could you please resend? Thanks in advance. Pramod Dhanwade >Hi Pramod, > >Sorry about the delay. If I understood your requirements, you needed to resize controls inside xptaskbarboxes at runtime based on the collapse state of other xptaskbar boxes. I put together a very basic sample to demonstrate this > >F18542XPTaskBoxResize_7347.zip > >About the sample >----------------- > >1) There are 2 xptaskbar boxes. >2) Each have two grid controls. >3) Both show up in expanded state by default. >4) Initially the gridcontrols inside xptaskbarbox2 display only 9 rows without scrolling. >5) Try collapsing xptasbarbox1 , now the gridcontrols in xptaskbarbox2 will display 32 rows without scrolling. > >Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>Hi Pramod, >> >>Sorry for the delay in responding. I am looking into this issue and will update this thread at the earliest. Thank you for your patience. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>I have not received any feedback on my issue. Could you please reply with your comments? >>> >>> >>>Thanks.... >>> >>>>Hi, >>>> >>>>I have query related to resize of controls depending on the area available when multiple XPTaskBarBox are expand or collapse. >>>> >>>>I have mulitple XPTaskBarBox on Form each containing multiple grid or RichTextBox controls. As we are aware, XPTaskBarBox control has functionality for collapse and expand. >>>> >>>>I want to know can we resize the controls inside XPTaskBarBox depending on the size available after collapsing the other XPTaskBarBoxes on the form. I mean to say, when I collapse other XPTaskBarBoxes on form and keep any one of the XPTaskBarBox expanded, can i expand the grids or RichTextBox present in that expanded XPTaskBarBox? This will help my user to see more number of records in grid or long comments in richtextbox control without scrolling it down. >>>> >>>>If you answer "Yes" to my above query then could you please suggest me how to achieve it. Please give me some reference topic or sample code for the same. >>>> >>>>I have tried to explain my problem in more simpler way, but still feel free to revert back to my email address in case of further clarifications. >>>> >>>> >>>>Thanks, >>>>Pramod Dhanwade > > > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 8, 2004 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Pramod, I just downloaded the file and tested it and it worked fine. Could you please check if 1) You are using version 2.1.0.9. If not could you please upgrade to version 2.1.0.9. 2) Also, what is the error that you are getting?. Thanks. Stephen. >Hi Stephen, > >Thanks for your help. But it seems the zipped project you sent is incomplete. I tried to complile it but getting compilation errors. Could you please resend? > > >Thanks in advance. >Pramod Dhanwade > >>Hi Pramod, >> >>Sorry about the delay. If I understood your requirements, you needed to resize controls inside xptaskbarboxes at runtime based on the collapse state of other xptaskbar boxes. I put together a very basic sample to demonstrate this >> >>F18542XPTaskBoxResize_7347.zip >> >>About the sample >>----------------- >> >>1) There are 2 xptaskbar boxes. >>2) Each have two grid controls. >>3) Both show up in expanded state by default. >>4) Initially the gridcontrols inside xptaskbarbox2 display only 9 rows without scrolling. >>5) Try collapsing xptasbarbox1 , now the gridcontrols in xptaskbarbox2 will display 32 rows without scrolling. >> >>Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>Hi Pramod, >>> >>>Sorry for the delay in responding. I am looking into this issue and will update this thread at the earliest. Thank you for your patience. >>> >>>Best regards, >>> >>>Stephen. >>> >>>>I have not received any feedback on my issue. Could you please reply with your comments? >>>> >>>> >>>>Thanks.... >>>> >>>>>Hi, >>>>> >>>>>I have query related to resize of controls depending on the area available when multiple XPTaskBarBox are expand or collapse. >>>>> >>>>>I have mulitple XPTaskBarBox on Form each containing multiple grid or RichTextBox controls. As we are aware, XPTaskBarBox control has functionality for collapse and expand. >>>>> >>>>>I want to know can we resize the controls inside XPTaskBarBox depending on the size available after collapsing the other XPTaskBarBoxes on the form. I mean to say, when I collapse other XPTaskBarBoxes on form and keep any one of the XPTaskBarBox expanded, can i expand the grids or RichTextBox present in that expanded XPTaskBarBox? This will help my user to see more number of records in grid or long comments in richtextbox control without scrolling it down. >>>>> >>>>>If you answer "Yes" to my above query then could you please suggest me how to achieve it. Please give me some reference topic or sample code for the same. >>>>> >>>>>I have tried to explain my problem in more simpler way, but still feel free to revert back to my email address in case of further clarifications. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>>Thanks, >>>>>Pramod Dhanwade >> >> >> >>

PD Pramod Dhanwade September 9, 2004 01:34 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, We are using 1.6.1.8. In your project code we have examined an event called XPTaskBarBox1_CollapsedStateChanged(). This event is neither registered nor seems to be getting called from anywhere. Add to that, its not even part of control. Looking at our scenerio could you suggest us some solution? Thanks again, Pramod Dhanwade

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 13, 2004 03:18 AM UTC

Hi Pramod, Sorry for the delay in responding. The current version of Essential Tools is version 2.1.0.9 . Version 1.6.1.8 is almost a year old and there have been several changes made to the XPTaskBar during this time. I would strongly recommend you to upgrade to the latest version since there have been numerous bug fixes and enhancements made to XPTaskBar control. Also, could you please open a Direc-Trac incident in this regard. Thank you for your co-operation. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi Stephen, > >We are using 1.6.1.8. > >In your project code we have examined an event called XPTaskBarBox1_CollapsedStateChanged(). This event is neither registered nor seems to be getting called from anywhere. Add to that, its not even part of control. > >Looking at our scenerio could you suggest us some solution? > > >Thanks again, >Pramod Dhanwade

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon