We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Select problem with TreeViewAdv

We populate TreeViewAdv with data that comes from a database. Anytime we the data that is "dirty" we clear out the tree and repopulate it with fresh data. Herein lies the problem. Before we clear out the tree, we store which nodes are selected(we allow multi select on the same level). After repopulating the tree, we traverse the tree and then use the Add() method for the SelectedNodes property to selected the nodes that were selected prior to re-population. As soon as you click on the selected node, we get a null reference exception in: Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeNodeAdv.GetIsMirrored() It seems the tree view is confused as to which node is really selected. This was not a problem in 2.0.5.1. We found a workaround but seems like a hack. As we are reselecting the nodes, the first node has to be set using the SelectedNode property. The following selected nodes are adding using the Add() method for the SelectedNodes property. Any reason this is happening? I know there have been significant fixes and enhancements to this control.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2004 08:15 PM UTC

Hi Hyun, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. I have created a Direct-Trac incident 13333 in this regard. Please refer to my response there. In future, please address all your issues through Direct-Trac as far as possible. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

RG Raymond Gunawan September 2, 2004 03:55 PM UTC

I''m having the same problem, how can I see the Direc-trac incident? Thanks. Raymond. >Hi Hyun, > >Thanks for your feedback on this issue. I have created a Direct-Trac incident 13333 in this regard. Please refer to my response there. In future, please address all your issues through Direct-Trac as far as possible. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

JO Jon September 2, 2004 05:36 PM UTC

I am having this problem as well... this is the stack trace: StackTrace " at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeNodeAdv.GetIsMirrored()\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeNodeAdv.get_TextBounds()\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)\r at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)\r at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WmMouseDown(Message& msg)\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv.WndProc(Message& m)\r at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)\r at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)\r at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)\r at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)\r at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)\r at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)\r at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)\r at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)\r at InteractiveSoftworks.InteractiveEnterpriseExplorer.Framework.EntryPoint.Main() in c:\\development\\vs.net 2003\\projects\\iee\\iee.framework\\entrypoint.cs:line 18" string

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 2, 2004 07:04 PM UTC

Hi Raymond and Jon, We have made several related fixes in the TreeViewAdv control recently and believe that those fixes should take care of this problem. Please create an incident in Direct-Trac in this regard and I will send you the download instructions for a private build containing these fixes. Note that private builds are untested builds and should be used for testing fixes only. Test your application against this build and let me know how it goes. Also, download instructions for private builds will not be posted in public forums, and will be sent to users on request through a Direct-Trac incident only. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this issue. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

GM Graham McKechnie September 3, 2004 08:27 PM UTC

Guru, I''m also having the same problem. But I can''t view the Direct Trac incident 13333 to see the fix. Since its a holiday over there, can any of you other guys describe the fix. Graham >Hi Raymond and Jon, > >We have made several related fixes in the TreeViewAdv control recently and believe that those fixes should take care of this problem. Please create an incident in Direct-Trac in this regard and I will send you the download instructions for a private build containing these fixes. Note that private builds are untested builds and should be used for testing fixes only. Test your application against this build and let me know how it goes. Also, download instructions for private builds will not be posted in public forums, and will be sent to users on request through a Direct-Trac incident only. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this issue. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 5, 2004 01:47 AM UTC

Hi Graham, Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident in this regard ? I will then update you with more information on this fix. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon