We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ResizeToFit with full width of grid

How can I use the ResizeToFit method so that my columns expand to fill the entire width of the grid? Currently my data does not push out the column widths. I''ve played around with the GridResizeToFitOptions, but no luck yet. Thanks, Steve

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2004 11:57 AM UTC

ResizeToFit has to do with sizing the column to fit the text that is in the cells in the column. It does not have anything to do with sizing the columns to fill up the grid''s clientarea. Currently, there is no property that will allow the grid to fill the client area. If you want this behavior, one way is to dynamically size the right-most column to fill up any empty space. This will let the default sizing (or explicit sizing if you want it) work for the other columns. You do this in QueryColWidth. Here is a forum link that discusses this. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=2699 If you want all columns to grow and contract as you size the grid, you can also do this in QueryColWidth. The Grid\Samples\DataBound\GridDataBoundImageCell has code that does this.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon