We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

how to control the user input

Hi Clay, Could you please advice on how to control user input. Does a databound grid cell have kind of ‘numeric’ property or I have to write code to validate the input. Then what is the best event to do that. I want to allow the user to enter into the cell only numbers with one decimal point in the range from -99.9 to 99.9 and do not allow to type letters at all. I set the cell type of double and use gdbg.Binder.InternalColumns[“colname”].StyleInfo.Format = "#0.0"; It still allows user to enter many decimal points and type letters. What is the best way to fix that? Thanks in advance

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2004 11:05 AM UTC

To do chacter by character validation, you will have to use the CurrentCellValidateString event. There, check e.Text to make sure it is valid, and set e.Cancel = true if it is not. To get teh row and column of the cell being validated, use grid.CurrentCell.RowIndex/COlindex.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon