We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid is not seen at rumtime

Hi I have a gridControl on my form,The project compile successfully but the grid is not displayed at runtime. I checked the resource file there is no entry either for gridControl.data or gridControl.colwidth in resx file. The debug window shows the following message catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.SetCellInfo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, StyleModifyType modifyType, Boolean dontRaiseSaveCellInfoEvent, Boolean copyReferenceOnly) in :line 0 any idea why the grid is not displayed and and why the debug show the above message

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2004 08:39 AM UTC

>>I checked the resource file there is no entry either for gridControl.data or gridControl.colwidth in resx file. Are you trying to use the designer to set the style for a particular row, cell, or column? If not, there would be no entry for gridControl.data in the resx file. Similarly, unless you have explicitly sized a column in the designer, there would be no entry for gridControl.colwidth in the designer. You should set your debugger to break on exception so that maybe you can see a full call stack, and this may give a better indication of what is wrong. Can you attach a sample project showing the problem?

RA Ravish September 1, 2004 09:33 AM UTC

Well I Set a debugger to break on exception, it is showing me the following message in debug window A first chance exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in syncfusion.shared.dll Additional information: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.SetCellInfo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, StyleModifyType modifyType, Boolean dontRaiseSaveCellInfoEvent, Boolean copyReferenceOnly) in :line 0 A first chance exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in syncfusion.grid.dll Additional information: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. A first chance exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in syncfusion.shared.dll Additional information: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.SetCellInfo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, StyleModifyType modifyType, Boolean dontRaiseSaveCellInfoEvent, Boolean copyReferenceOnly) in :line 0 A first chance exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in syncfusion.grid.dll Additional information: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. A first chance exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in syncfusion.shared.dll Additional information: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel.SetCellInfo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, StyleModifyType modifyType, Boolean dontRaiseSaveCellInfoEvent, Boolean copyReferenceOnly) in :line 0 A first chance exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in syncfusion.grid.dll Additional information: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. >>>I checked the resource file there is no entry either for gridControl.data or gridControl.colwidth in resx file. > >Are you trying to use the designer to set the style for a particular row, cell, or column? If not, there would be no entry for gridControl.data in the resx file. Similarly, unless you have explicitly sized a column in the designer, there would be no entry for gridControl.colwidth in the designer. > >You should set your debugger to break on exception so that maybe you can see a full call stack, and this may give a better indication of what is wrong. > >Can you attach a sample project showing the problem? >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2004 09:43 AM UTC

The messages suggest you are trying to save data at a row and column beyond which space has been allocated. Are you setting RowCount and ColCount anywhere? Are you calling grid.ResetVolatileData at some point in your start up code? How are you getting the data into the GridControl? What events are you handling? (SaveCellInfo, maybe? If so, are you setting e.Handled = true after handling the save?) Exactly what properties are you setting from the designer? What version of our library are you using? Getting a sample that does not work will likely be the quickest way to track this problem down.

RA Ravish September 1, 2004 10:08 AM UTC

Let me explain u the Process , The grids in the form were working fine when i was using syncfusion 1.6. Yes there were properties set using designer. i installed the Syncfusion 2.0.5.0 on my machine , to use grouping grid in the same application . The moment i made a reference to new gropuing grid . the design property for the previous grid which were built using ver 1.6 got reseted . i mean the values got removed from resx file. i have a history of files maintianed in my Soruce control. can i restore the old resX file for the grid and just change the Syncfusion Version , so that the designer properties are set again >The messages suggest you are trying to save data at a row and column beyond which space has been allocated. > >Are you setting RowCount and ColCount anywhere? > >Are you calling grid.ResetVolatileData at some point in your start up code? > >How are you getting the data into the GridControl? > >What events are you handling? (SaveCellInfo, maybe? If so, are you setting e.Handled = true after handling the save?) > >Exactly what properties are you setting from the designer? > >What version of our library are you using? > >Getting a sample that does not work will likely be the quickest way to track this problem down.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2004 10:14 AM UTC

Here is a KB on converting resx files. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10370 You might consider going ahead and installing the latest version 2.1.0.6 instead of using the older 2.0.5.0 release. This will not likely affect the problem you are seeing, but wouold get you current.

RA Ravish September 1, 2004 10:19 AM UTC

just to add to the prevoius comments I came to this concluion , because i added the Colcount property in intialization control. it displayed the grid but the format of the data and cell style was not displayed as it was displayed earlier >Let me explain u the Process , The grids in the form were working fine when i was using syncfusion 1.6. Yes there were properties set using designer. i installed the Syncfusion 2.0.5.0 on my machine , to use grouping grid in the same application . The moment i made a reference to new gropuing grid . the design property for the previous grid which were built using ver 1.6 got reseted . i mean the values got removed from resx file. i have a history of files maintianed in my Soruce control. can i restore the old resX file for the grid and just change the Syncfusion Version , so that the designer properties are set again > >>The messages suggest you are trying to save data at a row and column beyond which space has been allocated. >> >>Are you setting RowCount and ColCount anywhere? >> >>Are you calling grid.ResetVolatileData at some point in your start up code? >> >>How are you getting the data into the GridControl? >> >>What events are you handling? (SaveCellInfo, maybe? If so, are you setting e.Handled = true after handling the save?) >> >>Exactly what properties are you setting from the designer? >> >>What version of our library are you using? >> >>Getting a sample that does not work will likely be the quickest way to track this problem down.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2004 11:01 AM UTC

Did you run teh resx tool from the KB?

RA Ravish September 2, 2004 02:18 AM UTC

yes, i did and it works , after running the tool , i checked the entries in resX , it displays the new version of syncfusion from 1.6 to 2.0.5.0. what was the error , why it is required to run this utility ? thanx >Did you run teh resx tool from the KB?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 2, 2004 05:15 AM UTC

The resources are versioned. When you change versions, the resources need to change.

RA Ravish September 2, 2004 09:17 AM UTC

i m new to the .net world and especially to the UI development. just a general question to u. this would be case with all the controls which are not native(Microsoft provided) to the .net >The resources are versioned. When you change versions, the resources need to change.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 2, 2004 09:56 AM UTC

I am not an expert on this, but I would think so provided they used binary resources that contained versioned types. You can also use ''publisher policy files'' to redirect versions. We ship those for our versions later than 2.0.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon