We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bug? Can''t set line color in a line chart

Hi, I just upgraded to the newest version of Syncfusion. I have a line chart and I set the color, width, and line style of each line inside the PrepareStyle callback using something like this: series.Style.Border.Color = System.Drawing.Color.Purple; series.Style.Border.Width = 2; After upgrading it ignores the colors I set here. I looked at your line chart sample and tried to set the line colors the same way that it does and that didn''t work either. I then ran your sample and the chart in the sample is ignoring the line colors the sample sets. (Sample tries to make the lines yellow and red I believe and it is showing the lines as cyan and purple) Is there a fix for this or a work around? Thank you, Jon

17 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 2, 2004 02:50 AM UTC

Hi Jon, You need to set the Style.Interior for the series to change the color of a Line Chart: series.Style.Interior = new BrushInfo(GradientStyle.None,Color.Black,Color.Black); series.Style.Border.Width = 8; Please refer to the sample linked to below: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/chartlinecolors.zip Regards, Davis

JO Jon September 2, 2004 09:30 AM UTC

Ok... that fixed the line color problem; however, it is still ignoring my line width and also the line style (solid, dash, dot, etc)... the shadow line actually has the correct width and line style; however, the actual line stays solid 1 pixel wide. I have made changes to your example and will upload them to show you what I am talking about as it doesn''t work in the sample either. Thank you, Jon ChartLineColorsUpdated_4092.zip

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 8, 2004 07:17 AM UTC

Hi Jon, We regret for the inconvenience caused. Our development team is looking into this issue and we will prepare a fix/workaround at the earliest. I will update you through this forum at the earliest. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

MO mordy May 26, 2005 09:54 AM UTC

Has a resolution been released yet for this problem? I''ve just converted a 3D line chart to a 2D one and the lines are too thin to be obviously distinguished from the background grid lines and I can''t seem to thicken them up either :(

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 26, 2005 08:39 PM UTC

Hi, This issue has been fixed. Could you please tell mwhat version you have installed and I will post the version you need to upgrade to. Thanks, Davis

MO mordy June 1, 2005 09:08 AM UTC

Hi there, it looks like the version I''m on is v1.0.3705. Thanks :) Mike >Hi, > >This issue has been fixed. Could you please tell mwhat version you have installed and I will post the version you need to upgrade to. > >Thanks, > >Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 1, 2005 10:50 PM UTC

Hi Mike, Sorry for not being clear. I was referring to the version of Essential Suite. Please upgrade to version 3.2.1.0 from within Direct-Trac to fix this problem. If you are using an earlier version (2.x) and do not want to install version 3.2.x, please post your current version and I will suggest the appropriate upgrade. Thanks, Davis >Hi there, it looks like the version I''m on is v1.0.3705. > >Thanks :) > >Mike > >>Hi, >> >>This issue has been fixed. Could you please tell mwhat version you have installed and I will post the version you need to upgrade to. >> >>Thanks, >> >>Davis

MO mordy June 2, 2005 02:01 PM UTC

Thanks Davis, I was wondering if that was the correct version number to give you :) I''ll follow your instructions and post back in here if I have any trouble. Mike

MO mordy June 2, 2005 02:34 PM UTC

I''m on v3.0.1.0.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 2, 2005 04:46 PM UTC

Hi Mike, You can login to Direct-Trac at http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx and download the latest version 3.2.1.0 from the downloads section. This should resolve the problem. Thanks, Davis

MO mordy June 3, 2005 01:21 PM UTC

>Hi Mike, > >You can login to Direct-Trac at > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx > >and download the latest version 3.2.1.0 from the downloads section. > >This should resolve the problem. > >Thanks, > >Davis

MO mordy June 3, 2005 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Davis, I''ve been trying to log in to direct trac but the password I thought we''d registered under isn''t being accepted and the ''send password'' email isn''t arriving at the registered address even though the ''password sent'' notification label is appearing. I''ve checked our spam filters etc. and there''s nothing that would be stopping it arriving.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 3, 2005 09:04 PM UTC

Hi Mike, I created an incident in Direct-Trac and sent you the necessary information. Pease let me know. Thanks, Davis

MO mordy June 6, 2005 11:22 AM UTC

Sorry Davis but my credentials still aren''t being recognised by the direct-trac login and the password reminder feature is not sending out emails :( >Hi Mike, > >I created an incident in Direct-Trac and sent you the necessary information. Pease let me know. > >Thanks, > >Davis

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team June 6, 2005 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Mordy, Could you please send me an email with the email address you want to use. I will send a reply with the download instructions. davisj@syncfusion.com Thanks, Davis

MO mordy July 1, 2005 04:02 PM UTC

Sent you an email quite a while ago Davis, did it get through?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 3, 2005 03:48 AM UTC

Hi Mordy, I am sorry. I did not get the email. I am sending an email to the address you have used in the forums with the details. Thanks, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon