We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TabHost ThemesEnabled

Hi, I have a MDI application that manage my forms with a TabbedMDIManager. I'd like to Enable/Disable XP Themes for the application and also the tabs, like the TabControlHost does. Is it using MDITabPanel? Do you have a sample? Sebastien

4 Replies

SL Sebastien Lange November 29, 2002 01:52 PM UTC

I tried the following, but I still have the same look&feel. (I have XP of course). public class MyTabbedMDIManager : TabbedMDIManager { // The base class creates a new instance of the MDITabPanel class. protected override MDITabPanel CreateMDITabPanel() { MDITabPanel tab = new MDITabPanel(this); tab.ThemesEnabled = true; return tab; } // Method gets called to initialize a tab control after it gets created. protected override void InitMDITabPanel(MDITabPanel tabPanel) { base.InitMDITabPanel(tabPanel); // Go ahead and set some properties on the tab control. tabPanel.ThemesEnabled = true; } }

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2002 01:29 PM UTC

Sebastien, Also change the tab's TabStyle property as follows: this.tabControlExt1.TabStyle = typeof(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabRenderer3D); Only the 3D style supports themes. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

NV Nik Vale December 2, 2002 08:23 PM UTC

Praveen, It seems the only way to achieved themed MDI tabs is to either derive a class from TabbedMDIManager, or change the original class... Why doesn't the TabbedMDIManager have a ThemesEnabled property? Is this going to supported in the next release? Nik.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 3, 2002 06:57 PM UTC

Nik, I will make this a feature request for our next minor release. It should be pretty easy to include this feature. -Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon