We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GDBD Not updating

Hi, I have a GDBG which is bound to a collection implementing IBindingList (Like in the Customer sample). There are 3 levels of hierarchy. The problem is when properties are updated, they are not reflected on the screen, unless a reset occurs or the user clicks on the row. I have the following properties set for my grid:- gridTargetOrders.UseListChangedEvent = true; gridTargetOrders.Binder.OptimizeListChangedEvent = false; //I have also tried true Do you have any suggestions?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 27, 2004 10:19 AM UTC

Normally updates to the parent table ''take'' OK. But updates to child tables do not. The reason is that these tables come and go as you expand and collapse the parent. I think you can work around this problem by subscribing to the ListChanged event on the child list as the node expands, and then unsubscribe when the node collapses. In the handler, you have to find the location of the parent record, and then refresh the proper child row. Here is a modified Customers sample that seems to be working. Expand the first row, and then click the Test button. The firstnames of the parent and both children should change. CS_4131.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon