We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Performance Issue

Please, try to run the attached sample. When I resize the form the redrawing of the Docked panels is very slow, and when I close the application it raises a fatal error. Thank you, Antonio Ganci. MainForm_8550.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 27, 2004 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Antonio, Thanks for sending the sample. 1) You get an exception when you close the form because the docking manager is not properly dispose. You can avoid this by handling the form closing event and disposing the docking manager. private void MainForm_Closing(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) { IEnumerator ienum = this.dockingManager.Controls; ArrayList dockedctrls = new ArrayList(); while(ienum.MoveNext()) dockedctrls.Add(ienum.Current); foreach(Control ctrl in dockedctrls) { this.dockingManager.SetEnableDocking(ctrl, false); ctrl.Dispose(); } this.dockingManager.Dispose(); this.Dispose(); } 2) I was able to see the problem with the poor performance during resize. This has been identified as a bug in version 2.1.0.9. This happens only when the DockToFill mode is set to true. We are already working on this issue and will have a fix shortly. Please let me know if you have any questions.Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Stephen. >Please, try to run the attached sample. >When I resize the form the redrawing of the Docked panels is very slow, and when I close the application it raises a fatal error. > >Thank you, >Antonio Ganci. >MainForm_8550.zip > > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon