We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Change TableOptions dynamically ?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

18224 Aug 26,2004 04:34 AM Aug 26,2004 10:06 AM Windows Forms 7
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On August 26, 2004 04:34 AM

Hi, As I work with Delphi 8, I do not have access to most of the design time configurations for the grid. Is there a way to change dynamically TableOptions such as ''ShowRowHeader'' for example ? I saw nothing in the documentation about that. Regards, Verane.

Replied On August 26, 2004 05:12 AM

Normally, any property settable from the designer is also settable from code. //C# this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ShowRowHeader = true;

Replied On August 26, 2004 06:18 AM

What is the type of your ''gridGroupingControl1'' ? Is it a GridControl ? I have no property ''TableOption'' on my GridControl, and I see no ''GridGroupingControl'' component on my tool palette neither. Verane. >Normally, any property settable from the designer is also settable from code. > >//C# >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ShowRowHeader = true; >

Replied On August 26, 2004 06:31 AM

Sorry, you asked about TableOptions so I assumed you were working with a GridGroupingControl as that is the only grid control that we ship with a property named TableOptions. GridGroupingControl is found in the Enterprise Edition of Essential Grid and in Essential Suite. If you to set grid-wide options on a GridControl, you can look through grid.Properties, and also through grid.Model.Options. You can also set grid-wide properties using grid.TableStyle and grid.BaseStylesMap["Standard"].StyleInfo (this latter is C# notation - don''t know what that would be in Delphi).

Replied On August 26, 2004 07:26 AM

OK. In fact in the help page for ''Table option'', I don''t see that it only applies to GridGroupingControl. Is there somewhere in the help where I can see all properties or method that exists for a particluar type ?? I want to hide rowbar for my grid, and even with the information you give me (that is to say : you can look through grid.Properties, and also through grid.Model.Options. You can also set grid-wide properties using grid.TableStyle and grid.BaseStylesMap["Standard"].StyleInfo ), it is not easy to do that, as the only way I can search how to hide rowbar is code completion from my editor. Using the help, I don''t see how to determine if the properties that interest me can be part of grid.Properties, or grid.Model.Options... I use the help from start/program/syncfusion/essential suite evaluation/documentation/essential grid UG Is there a way to browse the help following the hierachy(start from GridControl, then go to Model, then options...) ? Is there another help elsewhere ? Verane. >Sorry, you asked about TableOptions so I assumed you were working with a GridGroupingControl as that is the only grid control that we ship with a property named TableOptions. GridGroupingControl is found in the Enterprise Edition of Essential Grid and in Essential Suite. > >If you to set grid-wide options on a GridControl, you can look through grid.Properties, and also through grid.Model.Options. You can also set grid-wide properties using grid.TableStyle and grid.BaseStylesMap["Standard"].StyleInfo (this latter is C# notation - don''t know what that would be in Delphi).

Replied On August 26, 2004 07:56 AM

To turn off row headers, set grid.Properties.RowHeaders = false; Here is the link to the class reference help on the Grid Properties (for the full install). ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/Syncfusion.Essential_Suite/Syncfusion.EssentialSuiteClassRef/Syncfusion.EssentialSuiteClassRef/Syncfusion.Grid~Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridProperties_members.html Within VisStu, intellisense gives the appropriate description of grid.Properties.RowHeaders hover over it.

Replied On August 26, 2004 08:51 AM

This help is not available with only the trial version ? >To turn off row headers, set > >grid.Properties.RowHeaders = false; > > >Here is the link to the class reference help on the Grid Properties (for the full install). >ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/Syncfusion.Essential_Suite/Syncfusion.EssentialSuiteClassRef/Syncfusion.EssentialSuiteClassRef/Syncfusion.Grid~Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridProperties_members.html > >Within VisStu, intellisense gives the appropriate description of grid.Properties.RowHeaders hover over it. > >

Replied On August 26, 2004 10:06 AM

It should be available if you download the full suite evaluation. If you download just the grid evaluation, it is not.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;