We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Change TableOptions dynamically ?

Hi, As I work with Delphi 8, I do not have access to most of the design time configurations for the grid. Is there a way to change dynamically TableOptions such as ''ShowRowHeader'' for example ? I saw nothing in the documentation about that. Regards, Verane.

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2004 09:12 AM UTC

Normally, any property settable from the designer is also settable from code. //C# this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ShowRowHeader = true;

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2004 10:18 AM UTC

What is the type of your ''gridGroupingControl1'' ? Is it a GridControl ? I have no property ''TableOption'' on my GridControl, and I see no ''GridGroupingControl'' component on my tool palette neither. Verane. >Normally, any property settable from the designer is also settable from code. > >//C# >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ShowRowHeader = true; >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2004 10:31 AM UTC

Sorry, you asked about TableOptions so I assumed you were working with a GridGroupingControl as that is the only grid control that we ship with a property named TableOptions. GridGroupingControl is found in the Enterprise Edition of Essential Grid and in Essential Suite. If you to set grid-wide options on a GridControl, you can look through grid.Properties, and also through grid.Model.Options. You can also set grid-wide properties using grid.TableStyle and grid.BaseStylesMap["Standard"].StyleInfo (this latter is C# notation - don''t know what that would be in Delphi).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2004 11:26 AM UTC

OK. In fact in the help page for ''Table option'', I don''t see that it only applies to GridGroupingControl. Is there somewhere in the help where I can see all properties or method that exists for a particluar type ?? I want to hide rowbar for my grid, and even with the information you give me (that is to say : you can look through grid.Properties, and also through grid.Model.Options. You can also set grid-wide properties using grid.TableStyle and grid.BaseStylesMap["Standard"].StyleInfo ), it is not easy to do that, as the only way I can search how to hide rowbar is code completion from my editor. Using the help, I don''t see how to determine if the properties that interest me can be part of grid.Properties, or grid.Model.Options... I use the help from start/program/syncfusion/essential suite evaluation/documentation/essential grid UG Is there a way to browse the help following the hierachy(start from GridControl, then go to Model, then options...) ? Is there another help elsewhere ? Verane. >Sorry, you asked about TableOptions so I assumed you were working with a GridGroupingControl as that is the only grid control that we ship with a property named TableOptions. GridGroupingControl is found in the Enterprise Edition of Essential Grid and in Essential Suite. > >If you to set grid-wide options on a GridControl, you can look through grid.Properties, and also through grid.Model.Options. You can also set grid-wide properties using grid.TableStyle and grid.BaseStylesMap["Standard"].StyleInfo (this latter is C# notation - don''t know what that would be in Delphi).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2004 11:56 AM UTC

To turn off row headers, set grid.Properties.RowHeaders = false; Here is the link to the class reference help on the Grid Properties (for the full install). ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/Syncfusion.Essential_Suite/Syncfusion.EssentialSuiteClassRef/Syncfusion.EssentialSuiteClassRef/Syncfusion.Grid~Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridProperties_members.html Within VisStu, intellisense gives the appropriate description of grid.Properties.RowHeaders hover over it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2004 12:51 PM UTC

This help is not available with only the trial version ? >To turn off row headers, set > >grid.Properties.RowHeaders = false; > > >Here is the link to the class reference help on the Grid Properties (for the full install). >ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/Syncfusion.Essential_Suite/Syncfusion.EssentialSuiteClassRef/Syncfusion.EssentialSuiteClassRef/Syncfusion.Grid~Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridProperties_members.html > >Within VisStu, intellisense gives the appropriate description of grid.Properties.RowHeaders hover over it. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2004 02:06 PM UTC

It should be available if you download the full suite evaluation. If you download just the grid evaluation, it is not.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon