We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Turkish Specific Characthers

Hi,

We have problem with turkish specific characthers in blazor component.

They doesnt recognized in search built in search fields (combobox, grid etc.) Can you provide me a working example about this subject?

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies

SP Sarveswaran Palani Syncfusion Team May 2, 2023 03:13 AM UTC

Hi Mustafa,

Greetings from Syncfusion support.

Based on your requirement, we prepared sample using Turkish resource file in localization feature of grid in latest version (21.1.41). We have attached sample for your reference. If you have any query or issue regarding the sample, please don’t hesitate to get back to us. Kindly refer the attached sample for your reference.

Reference: https://blazor.syncfusion.com/documentation/common/localization
               https://blazor.syncfusion.com/documentation/common/localization#adding-culture-based-resx-files

https://github.com/syncfusion/blazor-locale

Regards,
Sarvesh

Attachment: SfGridTurkishLocalization_9f211e84.zip

MK Mustafa Kuyucu replied to Sarveswaran Palani May 15, 2023 05:44 AM UTC

Hi Sarveswaran Palani,

I downloaded and runned your given example. Several problems persist.

1. But not working with uppercase "İ" charachter.

2. I cannot update resx file, with or without visual studio editor.

SP Sarveswaran Palani Syncfusion Team May 17, 2023 03:19 AM UTC

Hi Mustafa,

Before proceeding further with your requirement kindly share the below details to validate further at our end.

1. Kindly list of the issues persists in your end.
  2. Explain about the issue in uppercase “i” character.
  3. Share screenshot or video demo of an issue.
  4. Share code snippet or simple issue reproducible runnable sample to us.
  5. If possible, reproduce the reported issue in the previous update sample.
  6. We would like to know more about the issue in detail. 

The above requested details will be helpful to validate further at our end and provide solution as earlier as possible.

Regards,
Sarvesh

MK Mustafa Kuyucu May 18, 2023 06:04 AM UTC

Hi Sarveswaran Palani,

Search function does not work when I change Çiçek to ÇİÇEK in index.razor in the example.

Attachment: SfGridTurkishLocalization_9f211e84(1)_2f3a8d5d.rar

SP Sarveswaran Palani Syncfusion Team May 22, 2023 03:32 AM UTC

Hi Mustafa,

Based on your query, we have reviewed the search operation based on your requirements. However, we were unable to reproduce any errors from our end. We have attached a video demonstration for your reference, which showcases the search operation functioning as expected. If the issue still persists, we request you to share the video demo of an issue replication or else we suggest you to use filter template feature to customize the filtering operation in the particular column. Kindly refer the attached API link for more reference.

Reference: https://help.syncfusion.com/cr/blazor/Syncfusion.Blazor.Grids.GridColumn.html#Syncfusion_Blazor_Grids_GridColumn_FilterTemplate

Regards,
Sarvesh

Attachment: Turkish__Searching_Mp4_93d91a7d.zip

MK Mustafa Kuyucu May 29, 2023 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Sarveswaran Palani,

For example, the screenshot is attached. As can be seen in the recording, the search function does not work when we type the 'İ' character.

Attachment: Turkish_Searching_Mp4_cd424b2b.rar

SP Sarveswaran Palani Syncfusion Team May 31, 2023 02:59 AM UTC

Hi Mustafa,

W
e don’t have inbuilt support to Ignore Accent. We have considered this as a feature and logged a feature task “Provide in-built way to Ignore Accent in IEnumerable data” for this requirement. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer vote count.   

We do not have immediate plan to implement this feature and it will be included in any of our upcoming releases. Please cast your vote to make it count. You can track the current status of your request using the below feedback page.

Feedback : https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/17262/provide-in-built-way-to-ignore-accent-in-ienumerable-data 

Regards,
Sarvesh

MK Mustafa Kuyucu June 21, 2023 08:10 AM UTC

Hi Sarweswaran Palani,

How can we add new words to the resx file. I cannot update the resx file with or without the visual studio editor

SP Sarveswaran Palani Syncfusion Team June 23, 2023 03:23 AM UTC

Hi Mustafa,

From your query, we suspect that you want to add a new word in .resx file. We request you to add your customized word in AddResource dropdown in resx file. Kindly refer the attached screenshot for your reference.

If you have any further queries, please get back to us.

Regards,
Sarvesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon