We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How best to apply tooltips to 100's of components?

I have an app with literally hundreds of textboxes, datepickers, dropdowns etc and have been asked to make tooltips for these. I don't want to go through the code and wrap every single control with an SfToolTip so can you suggest a better way? I also want to grab the tooltip text from a database probably based on the ID of the component, rather than hardcoding in tooltip text 100's of times.

Ideally it would be nice if your components had a ToolTip parameter. 

Thanks

1 Reply

LD LeoLavanya Dhanaraj Syncfusion Team April 4, 2023 03:31 PM UTC

Hi Sheldon,

Greetings from Syncfusion support.

Based on the details you have shared, we understand that you wish to render multiple components and display Tooltips for the corresponding components. As per your request, we have created a Tooltip component sample as a wrapper element. We have rendered TextBox, DropdownList, and DatePicker components and added a Tooltip component as a wrapper element for each.

We have included this sample for your reference. Please review the sample and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Leo Lavanya Dhanaraj

Attachment: Index_173b1f90.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon