We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Nuget is not restoring correct version of Syncfusion.Shared.WPF

I am using various SyncFusion controls throughout my project(s) and have a library that is referenced from multiple WPF desktop apps. I am using Jetbrains Rider.

When I compile the library I get the warning:

[NU1701] Package 'Syncfusion.Shared.WPF 21.1.35' was restored using '.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1, .NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2, .NETFramework,Version=v4.8, .NETFramework,Version=v4.8.1' instead of the project target framework 'net7.0'. This package may not be fully compatible with your project.

As I understand, Syncfusion.Shared.WPF is being implicitly referenced from other NuGet packages, but is completely .NET 7 compatible. My library compiles OK (albeit with warnings), but when I reference from my WPF project, I get an actual Error:

Assembly 'DevonSoftware' with identity 'DevonSoftware, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'Syncfusion.Tools.Wpf, Version=21.1460.35.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'Syncfusion.Tools.Wpf' with identity 'Syncfusion.Tools.Wpf, Version=21.1.35.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89'

Both projects have been fully upgraded to all the latest packages using NuGet and I have generated a product key for the latest version. I have examined my .csproj files, and these all contain references to 21.1.35 (not 21.1460.35.0).

Can anyone help me with what has happened following my Nuget upgrade? I obviously want .NET 7 versions (not .Net Framework 4.x) and I also need both projects to be using the same versions. I have tried cleaning and rebuilding with no luck.

TIA

Adam

1 Reply

KA Karthick Arjunan Syncfusion Team April 3, 2023 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Adam,

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue. However, we have attached a simple sample project that contains Syncfusion controls and refers to a .Net7 project, which was compiled successfully. Please check the attached sample and let us know if the project compiled properly.

Regards,

Karthick Arjunan

Attachment: Test_9f08424d.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon