We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Annoying menu flicker

I have a MDI form and a child window, and I am using the XPmenus (barmanager, baritems, etc.). When. The menus merge okay when the child form is shown, but if it is maximized (or unmaximized), there is a lot of redrawing that is very obnoxious and makes my app look unprofessional. It looks like the menu bar is removed and then re-added to show/hide the client form icon on the left and close and restore boxes on the right. The menus really should be able to redraw themselves without so much flickering. I expect you guys will fix this for me in the next version, but I would appreciate if you could also tell me what I can call to freeze the updates until it is finished.

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 27, 2002 05:18 PM UTC

Steve, Did you mean when you maximize a child form that is currently restored, you see a lot of flicker? Is it possible for you to attach a sample that shows this problem? Thanks Praveen Ramesh

SW Steve Weixel November 27, 2002 06:07 PM UTC

It flickers both when you maximize a restored form, and when you restore a maximized form. It is much worse when you restore than when you maximize, but its pretty bad both ways. You can see the problem in the XPMenusMDI sample that comes with the tools. > Steve, > > Did you mean when you maximize a child form that is currently restored, you see a lot of flicker? Is it possible for you to attach a sample that shows this problem? > > Thanks > Praveen Ramesh >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2002 01:33 PM UTC

Steve, Could you give me some info. on the system you are testing this sample on? OS, Speed, RAM, does it have the native images of our assemblies in the GAC? Thanks, Praveen Ramesh

SW Steve Weixel December 2, 2002 03:18 PM UTC

I'm running Win2k on a 1.7GHz P4 with 512MB of RAM. I don't know about your other question; I installed the 1.5 version of the suite on my machine, and I have not done anything to it, so however it was installed, it is. Maybe "flicker" isn't the correct word to describe the problem. Basically, I can see the menu bar, disappear, then reappear. This also causes a docked toolbar (which is directly under it) to shift up, and some docked panels inside the window shift up and resize as well, causing even more flicker. Don't get me wrong, it flickers fast; it just shouldn't flicker at all. I've done low-level interface work, and I always lock the window to prevent updates while moving stuff around. Then you unlock and have just one repaint after everything is already in place. I admit to being a perfectionist, so I can assure you that you will be getting a lot of these kinds of issues from me. I like the suite and for the most part it seems to work as advertised, but it is definately rought around the edges; as long as you guys are good about smoothing them out, I won't have any complaints. - Steve > Steve, > > Could you give me some info. on the system you are testing this sample on? OS, Speed, RAM, does it have the native images of our assemblies in the GAC? > > Thanks, > Praveen Ramesh >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2002 08:03 PM UTC

Steve, Yes, we can see the issue now. It was very fast our QA team didn't catch it. Our developers have been updated and we have give this high priority. We will try to squeeze this into a minor version we will be releasing sometime this week. If not, the fix should defenitely be in our next subsequent release. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

SW Steve Weixel December 3, 2002 02:30 PM UTC

Thank you. As I said, I am a perfectionist, and I will likely be finding many these kinds of things. What is the preferred method for reporting them? On this forum, email, etc... > Steve, > > Yes, we can see the issue now. It was very fast our QA team didn't catch it. Our developers have been updated and we have give this high priority. We will try to squeeze this into a minor version we will be releasing sometime this week. If not, the fix should defenitely be in our next subsequent release. > > Regards, > Praveen Ramesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 3, 2002 06:54 PM UTC

Steve, Feedback is more than welcome. Please open bug reports in our Support Center. And feature requests here. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

SB Soung Bae December 16, 2003 06:31 PM UTC

Was wondering if you have release the minor patch? If so could you send it to me? Thanks Soung

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 17, 2003 10:10 PM UTC

Hi Soung, This is a very old thread (more than a year). Which version are you currently using? Can you email salessupport@syncfusion.com, so that we can ensure that you get the latest version. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon