We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid edit dropdown binding

I won't lie, I am a bit confused as to why the grid edit control binding works the way it does. It seems like if I bind to a particular list then that list should be what is displayed, however, from what I can tell, the binding is getting filtered based on the associated column values instead.

Anyway, I have a grid that is bound to assets and a person's name is associated with each asset, however, there could be more people available, but they do not have assigned assets. When creating a new asset, I want all available people to be displayed in the edit dropdown but it is only showing people who actually currently have assets assigned.  Assets and people are different lists.

Here you can see that I set ViewBag.DropDownAssetData to all of the people available.

I bind to that:

But, because there is only a single asset, belonging to "Scott" that is the only value that appears in the edit dropdown even though my ViewBag has both names.

So, my question is, how do I bind directly to the list in the ViewBag rather than having it filtered based on current column values? I have changed a ton of stuff trying to get this to work but at this point I guess I am lost.

Thank you.

2 Replies

SC Scott March 18, 2023 11:35 PM UTC

I figured out the problem and you can close this issue, thank you.

SG Suganya Gopinath Syncfusion Team March 20, 2023 06:56 AM UTC

Hi Scott, 

Thank you for updating the status of the issue. Please get back to us for further assistance.

Regards,

Suganya Gopinath. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon