We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cardview Item Selection Event

Hi,

I use error validation for edited fields using textboxes. When in edit mode I can select other cards, which ends the edit mode for the current card and the validation binding gives an error because the new item is already selected.

What event can I use to execute some code (restore values etc.) before another card gets selected. Or can I stop the cardview from selecting other cards during edit ? 

I have custom templates for editing, items and header.

Thanks

Gerhard

2 Replies

BA BagavathiPerumal Apranandham Syncfusion Team March 15, 2023 05:32 AM UTC

Hi GERHARD,

We regret to inform you that currently, we don’t have support to restrict the selection of other cardviewItem while editing a Cardviewitem

We have analyzed your requirement of “Support to restrict the selection of other cardviewItem while editing a Cardviewitem”. We have logged a feature request for the same. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases.

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Thank you for requesting this feature and helping us define it. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts.  

Feedback link:  Support to restrict the selection of other cardviewItem while editing an Cardviewitem in WPF | Feedback Portal (syncfusion.com)

If you have any more specifications/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal and cast your vote to make it count.

Regards,

Bagavathi Perumal A

GE GERHARD March 15, 2023 08:54 AM UTC

Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate that. 

Will wait patiently.

Regards

Gmd

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon