We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Which kind of grid to use is better to my purpose???

Hi, I''ve got a doubt about which is the better grid to use.. My requirements are: - The grid must be editable - I need a hierachical strucutre (tree) - I need to insert custom controls into the grid - It must be posible to change the color and the font of the cells and headers - The grid must have multiple headers - I allways have a datasource. Almost all the things are posible with a data bound grid (I am using this), but I think are easier with a normal grid (at least, the aspects related to color and text). My main questions is if I can have the hierachical and multiple header behavior with a virtual or I need to use a grid data bound grid. So.... which is the recomended grid?? Thanks! Ivan.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2004 09:04 AM UTC

Doing a hierarchical virtual grid will be time consuming with lots of interesting (read time consuming) tasks to handle. For this reason, I would try the hierarchical GridDataBoundGrid first. The only interesting task in your list above is possibly setting style properties on individual cells. But this normally can be handled in either grid.PrepareViewStyleInfo or grid.Model.QueryCellInfo. The 2.1.0.9 has a property (ShowTreeLines) that lets you see treelines in the hierarchical grid if that interests you. I would think that using this approach, you could see your grid in a matter of minutes (not necessarily with all the things you need) and I do not think this would be the case with a virtual gridcontrol trying to support hierarchical data in a tree-like manner.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon