We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Issue with Insert Page Number API

Hello, I am having issues with the Insert Page Number API. I have been using this "this.container.documentEditor.editor.insertPageNumber();" API to insert page numbers in the footer of the documents, but I have noticed that when the API is called multiple times, it inserts duplicate page numbers in the footer. Is there a way to check if the page number is already inserted into the footer using the Insert footer API. And also is there an API to delete the page numbers.

I have tried to find a workaround, but I have been unsuccessful so far. I would appreciate it if you could look into this issue and provide a solution or a workaround.

Thank you,

Aditya

3 Replies

SK Selvaprakash Karuppusamy Syncfusion Team March 6, 2023 02:23 PM UTC

Hi Sai,

We are checking the feasibility of achieving your requirement in the Document Editor. We will update you with further details on this by March 8, 2023.

Regards,

Selvaprakash K

SA Sai March 6, 2023 03:34 PM UTC

Thank you.

KM Kavitha Muralitharan Syncfusion Team March 7, 2023 11:41 AM UTC

Hi Sai,

Document editors follow the same behavior as MS Word, and by inserting page number multiple times, the number of pages can become duplicated in MS Word. The same behavior we follow, and we have attached an image of MS Word for your reference; please cross-check it and let us know if you need any further assistance

Regards,

Kavitha M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon