We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SelectRowAsync not working with paging

I have a grid with paging. Let's say it's set to 50 rows per page.

If I'm on page 1 and run SelectRowAsync(25), it works great.

if I'm on page 2 and run SelectRowAsync(75), nothing gets selected.

If I'm on page 2 and run SelectRowAsync(25), the 25h row ON PAGE 2 gets selected.

How can I set a row that's not on the current page?

I need this for both editing and adding a record with an external form. After the edit or edit, I'm successfully updating the grid's datasource and I am successfully grabbing the correct index. I need the record I just edited or added selected. Again, it works great if I'm on page 1 and the index is within that page.

How do I do select a row that's not on the current page?

1 Reply

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team March 6, 2023 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Keith,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We have validated your query and currently we are able to select the records using SelectRow/SelectRows method in current page(visible rows in the current page). We have already considered this requirement “Need to provide support for select records in another pages using SelectRows methodan usability improvement feature and logged the improvement report for the same. This feature will included in any of our upcoming release. Until then we appreciate your patience. 

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/22586/need-to-provide-support-for-select-records-in-another-pages-using-selectrows

You can also communicate with us regarding the open feature at any time using our above feedback report page. We do not have an immediate plan to implement this feature and it will be included in any of our upcoming releases. Please cast your vote to make it count so that we will prioritize the improvement for every release based on demands.

We are closing this ticket for now. You can communicate with us regarding the open features at any time using the above Feature Report page.  

Regards,

Monisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon