We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Leaked in XPThemed controls

Thanks to Sean for helping me, but I think it will great if Syncfusion support can confirm on this previous post. When using DateTimePickerExt and TabControlExt, I can see the ThemedDrawing and ThemedComboBoxDrawing being registered through ThemedControlDrawing into XPThemes by using XPThemes.RegisterControlDrawing method. However, I wonder if XPThemes.UnregisterControlDrawing method is ever called, because I can see instances ThemedDrawing and ThemedComboBoxDrawing still hanging around in the heap and just keep adding up when the form is opened and closed. It happens on a form that will be opened and closed for tens of times by the user during one session, so this unreleased memory has become a problem. What is the easiest way to tell XPThemes to release the objects? Thanks, Sam

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2004 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Sam, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have tested for this issue using and have noticed 2 “leaks” associated with the TabControlAdv - TabPanelProperty3D and ThemeChangeListenerForm. These two are initialized in the static domain and so will not be garbage collected. Note that they are intentionally created as static objects for efficiency sake, and hence, they are not actually “leaks”. All the other leaks indicated by the .NET Memory Profiler were due to the DateTimePickerAdv, and they too have been taken care of now. The fixes are expected to be incorporated in the next release of Essential Suite (post v2.1.0.9 releases). We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2004 02:30 PM UTC

Guru, Thanks for checking on that. The thing is we are still using version 1.6.x for this release of our product and I don''t see the chance to upgrade to 2.x until we wrap up this release of our product. (Too many pieces to be re-tested) However, we have got a lot complaints from QA and our beta customers about this problem. Is it possible for you to give me some pointer on how to work around this in version 1.6.x so we can at least wrap up our product release and upgrade in the next version? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Sam

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2004 02:58 PM UTC

Hi Sam, Please create an incident in Direct-Trac in this regard, and I will update you with more information there. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon