We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Validate license

Hi,

My xamarin forms application would not build after renewing the license. I get the below error.

I tried clearing the nuget cache and even uninstall and reinstalling the components. Still it would not build and throw the below message while building. I have also generated the license key afresh and put in the application.

The below line returns true and the application would not build:

bool isvalid = Syncfusion.Licensing.SyncfusionLicenseProvider.ValidateLicense(Syncfusion.Licensing.Platform.Xamarin);

The weird part is that the exception points to SfNavigationdrawer which i have not used in my application. Below is the build error i get:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Error Mono.Linker.MarkException: Error processing method: 'System.Void Syncfusion.SfNavigationDrawer.XForms.SfNavigationDrawer::.ctor()' in assembly: 'Syncfusion.SfNavigationDrawer.XForms.dll' ---> Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve System.Void Syncfusion.XForms.Core.LicenseHelper::ValidateLicense(Xamarin.Forms.View,System.Boolean)

at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.HandleUnresolvedMethod(MethodReference reference)

at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethod(MethodReference reference)

at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkInstruction(Instruction instruction)

at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)

at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)

at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()

at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessPrimaryQueue()

at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process()

at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)

at MonoDroid.Tuner.MonoDroidMarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)

at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.ProcessStep(LinkContext context, IStep step)

at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process(LinkContext context)

at MonoDroid.Tuner.Linker.Process(LinkerOptions options, ILogger logger, LinkContext& context)

at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.LinkAssemblies.Execute(DirectoryAssemblyResolver res)

at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.LinkAssemblies.RunTask()

at Microsoft.Android.Build.Tasks.AndroidTask.Execute() in /Users/builder/azdo/_work/1/s/xamarin-android/external/xamarin-android-tools/src/Microsoft.Android.Build.BaseTasks/AndroidTask.cs:line 17 Salesboard.Android

Please help in this regard.

Thanks

Santhosh

1 Reply

VV Vijayakumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team February 14, 2023 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Santosh,

We already received a similar query from other customers and this issue can be resolved by following the below steps.

Steps:

1. Update the NuGet package for all Syncfusion controls to the latest version
  2. Delete the bin and obj files, then run the sample again.

If the issue persists, please let us know the version and names of the Syncfusion NuGet packages that are currently used in your project.

Regards,

Vijayakumar V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon