We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hyperlink in Essential Edit

We are currently building a prove of concept for our C++ code editor and as a user of Essential Tools and Grid, I am inclined to use Essential Edit for this code editor. However, we have a requirement to show some text as hyperlink inside the code, so when the user click on it, it will launch a simple code generator wizard. Does Essential Edit have the capability to show hyperlink on text and provide custom action on the click on hyperlink? Please let me know because I have to present a simple POC by tomorrow. Thanks, Sam

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2004 09:20 PM UTC

Hi Sam, The current version of the EditControl does not support this feature out of the box. But it can be implemented as demonstrated by this sample. The main points in this sample are: a) It uses a SettingFile called Tags.ini. b) In the settings file a keyword called Link is specified using REGEX. c) The EditControl''s ContextTooltipPopup event is then used to display a tooltip of the website and change the cursor. d)The click event of the EditControl is used to launch the website. Kindly take a look at the sample and get back to us if you have any further questions. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2004 02:24 PM UTC

Arun, Thanks very much for building this. I can''t find the Tags.ini in the zip, though. Could you send that file to me or tell me where I can get it? Thanks again very much. Sam

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2004 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Sam Sorry, you can unzip this file instead which will put the tags.ini file in the proper directories. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2004 03:07 PM UTC

Arun, Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly. What you did is like the automatic DetectUrl in Richtextbox. What we need is something like the UI that you use to create Rules in Outlook 2003. Please kindly take a look at that interface and let me know if there is a plan for Essential Edit to support that feature in the near future. Thanks, Sam

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2004 03:58 PM UTC

Hi Sam The sample was a demonstration of what can be done using Essential Edit. For example you can add another form (say Form2) in the sample application and then replace the code for the click with: private void editControl1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (launch) { Form newform = new Form2(); newform.Show(); launch = false; } } Now when you click on a link it will launch an instance of Form2. So you can create an interface similar to what you are looking for using the Essential Edit. You can also check out the Wizards Package in Essential Tools along with the samples which demonstrate how you can use the package to create Wizards. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon