We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom gantt chart Modal

Can i open my own Popup Modal to add or edit the gantt chart

4 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

MS Monisha Sivanthilingam Syncfusion Team November 24, 2022 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Asim,
Greetings from Syncfusion support.
We can make use of the beforeOpenEditDialog and beforeOpenAddDialog request types in the actionBegin event to cancel the render of the Gantt Chart's default add/edit dialog and then we can call your custom dialog.

<script> 

function actionBegin(args) { 

if (args.requestType == "beforeOpenEditDialog" || args.requestType == "beforeOpenAddDialog") { 

args.cancel = true; 

//enter code to open your dialog here 

} 

} 

</script> 

Regards,
Monisha.

Marked as answer

AT ASIM TAUSIF KHAN replied to Monisha Sivanthilingam February 21, 2023 08:19 AM UTC

How to use custom modal to edit task details instead of predefined modal by syncfusion library?

AT ASIM TAUSIF KHAN February 21, 2023 09:18 AM UTC

Can i use ganttchart oncomplete methid without using ganttchart.

GM Gopinath Munusamy Syncfusion Team February 22, 2023 03:08 PM UTC

Asim, we have logged a feature request for your requirement to provide support for custom dialog modal. You can track the status of the feature from the feedback link given below.

Feedback:  https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/41440/need-to-provide-support-for-custom-dialog-modal-in-gantt-chart

As we have already lined up some major features, we could not implement this support immediately. We will implement this and include it in any of our upcoming releases. Please cast your vote on this feature. Based on the customer demand we will prioritize the features in our upcoming road map.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon