We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to stop &''s being treated as accels in menu strings

I am prog generating menu items from user enetered strings and they have &''s in them, which unfortunately get converted to accels underbars when put into the menu, is there a style/way of stopping this on new BarItems...

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 19, 2004 06:44 PM UTC

Hi Peterainbow, If you wish to display an ampersand symbol ("&") in the BarItem''s Text then use double ampersand ("&&") in its position. For example : If you set the BarItem.Text = "Item&&", then it will be displayed as "Item&". Please try this and let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 20, 2004 09:27 AM UTC

hmmm ot as simple as that i''ll have to check for that it''s only a single & -> && and not && -> &&&&, ho hum, would be useful to have a style on the baritem in future release.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 20, 2004 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Peterainbow, Thanks for your suggestion. Please note that this is how the .NET MenuItem.Text behaves too. Our XPMenus framework is closely modelled on the .NET MainMenu (and VS.Net''s menus), and we have maintained similar behavior for consistency purposes. However, we could consider this as a feature request for a future release of Essential Suite. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon