We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Drag and drop with grids based on different types

Hi,

I have two grids defined by two different generic types: TOrder and TItem.

I have enabled drag and drop between them and everything goes fine.

But I see an error in browser console everytime i drop a row from one grid to other (cast invalid, which seems "ok" to me because grid try to cast TOrder to TItem and viceversa).

As I understood reading varius forum topics, SfGrid handles the row insertion itselfs. Then, I tried setting "Cancel" property of event arguments to true in order to not let it add the row, but seems not to work.

I do not need the drop event to insert the row, but to enable a custom filter handled outside the grid.

Here it is the grids definitions and events (i'll provide only one because other is specular):

image_8.png

image_10.png

This is the error I got in console:

image_12.png

How can I avoid the default grid behaviour?

Thanks

1 Reply 1 reply marked as answer

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team November 21, 2022 07:26 AM

Hi Marco,

Greetings from Syncfusion support

We suspect that you are trying to prevent the RowDragandDrop in the RowDropped event of Grid by setting args.Cancel as true. If so we would like to inform that we have confirmed this as an issue and logged the defect report “ Not able to cancel the drop operation when performing drag and drop between two grids” for the same. Thank you for taking time to report this issue and helping us to improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fix all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle) and this fix will be included in our upcoming patch release which is expected to be rolled out on or before 7th  December , 2022.

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.      

Feedback: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38456/not-able-to-cancel-the-drop-operation-when-performing-drag-and-drop-between-two

Disclaimer: “Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization”

Until then we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Monisha

Marked as answer
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon