We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Kanban: Toggle column fails with Async initialization

Hi,

I'm using Blazor Webassembly with .Net6 (6.0.10) and Syncfusion 20.3.0.56.

It seems that the toggle column doesn’t work when OnInitializedAsync is used. If I toggle a column, its title is toggled but not its content.

I attached an example and a print screen.

Do you accept it as an issue?

The problem can be avoided if the Kanban is displayed after initialization is complete. See “_initDone” boolean in my example.

Best regards,

François

Attachment: Toggle_columns_failed_ef408894.zip

8 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

VJ Vinitha Jeyakumar Syncfusion Team November 16, 2022 01:40 PM UTC

Hi François,

Currently, we are validating your reported query. we will update you the further details on or before 18th November 2022.

Regards,
Vinitha

VJ Vinitha Jeyakumar Syncfusion Team November 24, 2022 02:22 PM UTC

Hi François,

We have validated the reported issue from our end and found that the reported issue occurs due to the delay added in the OnInitializedAsync function. During that delay, the Kanban scripts are not properly rendered and hence the issue occurred. 

So we suggest you to initiate the Kanban columns once the Kanban board is fully rendered like the way you have tried using a Boolean variable to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Vinitha

Marked as answer

FR François December 5, 2022 02:56 PM UTC

Hi Vinitha,

Thanks for your answer.

I already knew how to avoid the issue with a boolean. In fact, I was writing to the Syncfusion Team to inform you of the issue so that you can correct it. Are you going to open a support ticket for this issue? Do you want me to open one?

Best regards,

François

VJ Vinitha Jeyakumar Syncfusion Team December 6, 2022 11:39 AM UTC

Hi François,

We want to let you know that this is not an issue with Kanban control. The reported issue happened due to the delay added in the OnInitializedAsync function and during that delay, the Kanban scripts will take time to get complete render.

Regards,
Vinitha

FR Francois December 6, 2022 02:01 PM UTC

Hi Vinitha,

On your answer, you wrote “We have validated the reported issue from our end and found that the reported issue occurs due to the delay added in the OnInitializedAsync function. During that delay, the Kanban scripts are not properly rendered and hence the issue occurred.”

It gave me the impression that the component rendering is not working properly. Shouldn’t the component render again if a column is added (even if it is after a delay)?

Regards,

François

VJ Vinitha Jeyakumar Syncfusion Team December 16, 2022 02:57 PM UTC

Hi François,

By default, the Kanban board will get rendered based on the columns given. In your use case scenario, the Kanban columns have defined as empty on initial rendering which caused the improper script loading in Kanban control while using with ConfigureAwait(false) before adding the columns.

So we suggest you to define a empty column on initial rendering and then dynamically add the columns in the OnInitializedAsync method to resolve the issue,

Code snippet:
<SfKanban TValue=Orders KeyField="Employee.Country" Query=_query AllowDragAndDrop=false>
    </SfKanban>

@code {

protected override async Task OnInitializedAsync()
    {
        await Task.Delay(1000).ConfigureAwait(false);

_kanbanColumns= new List<KanbanColumn>();
        _kanbanColumns.Add(new()
            {
                HeaderText = "UK",
                KeyField = new() { "UK" }
            });
        _kanbanColumns.Add(new()
            {
                HeaderText = "USA",
                KeyField = new() { "USA" }
            });
    }
     private List<KanbanColumn> _kanbanColumns = new List<KanbanColumn>()
    {
        new KanbanColumn(){ HeaderText= "", KeyField= new List<string>(){"" } },
    };
}

Regards,
Vinitha

FR François December 19, 2022 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Vinitha,

Thanks for your explanations. I accepted your first answer.

Regards,

François

VJ Vinitha Jeyakumar Syncfusion Team December 20, 2022 05:17 AM UTC

Hi François,

We are glad to assist you

Regards,
Vinitha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon