We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Licensing question

Hi, 

I am new to SyncFusion and I am setting up licensing in our project. I am using the Syncfusion Presenation Nuget packages. I downloaded a license key and am able to successfully use the following, per the documentation. 

SyncfusionLicenseProvider.RegisterLicense("THIS_IS_MY_KEY");

What I am wondering is if it's really OK to have the license key in my source code. Our repo is not public, but If someone were to use something like ILSpy on our code, could they theoretically steal/use our key?

1 Reply

JM Jeyaseelan M Syncfusion Team November 14, 2022 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Andy,

You can generate a license key from your account and register directly into the source code. We currently don’t have an option to hide the license keys which is registered in the project. We have implemented this licensing (key) validation system to avoid using our products inadvertently.

So, you can proceed to publish your code to GitHub with our license keys.

If someone got our license key without Syncfusion account, he couldn’t be able to contact us for any technical support or for any updates.

Regards,

Jeyaseelan M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon