We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dashboard panel size doesn't change dynamically

Hello,

I am using the SfDashboardLayout component and I want on button click to change the size and position of the panels.

Specifically what I am trying to do is to make the panel of the top row of the dashboard larger and so move the below panels further down.

I made a button element to do this job but the dashboard component does not refresh correctly and it does not change the panels.

So what is the way to change the panel size and postion after clicking the button?

I am posting my project below.

Thanks in advance!

Attachment: BlazorApp6_67f66ab.zip

3 Replies

LD LeoLavanya Dhanaraj Syncfusion Team November 2, 2022 09:40 AM UTC

Hi Amanda,

Greetings from Syncfusion support

Query 1 : Dynamically change the panel size.

Based on your requirement, we have prepared a Blazor Dashboard Layout sample with the latest version(V20.3.52). By passing an arguments of Id, SizeX, and SizeY values to the ResizePanelAsync method, you can dynamically resize the panel. Here, we used the ResizePanelAsync method to resize the panel by taking the Dashboard instances with a button click. For your reference, we have attached the sample.

Sample : https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/ResizeReposition826934179.zip

Check the below mentioned code snippets.

[Index.razor]

<button class="btn" @onclick=@ButtonClicked>Click!</button>

<SfDashboardLayout @ref="dashboardObj" ID="noIconCardsDashboard" Columns="4" … >

<DashboardLayoutPanels>

<DashboardLayoutPanel Id="layout1" SizeX="1" SizeY=1 Row="0" Col="0">

<ContentTemplate>

<div style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 5px;max-width:100%;">

Row : @newRow ; Col : @newCol

</div>

</ContentTemplate>

</DashboardLayoutPanel>

</DashboardLayoutPanels>

</SfDashboardLayout>

@code {

SfDashboardLayout dashboardObj;

private int newRow = 1; private int newCol = 1;

private void ButtonClicked()

{

newRow = 3; newCol = 3;

dashboardObj.ResizePanelAsync("layout1", newRow, newCol);

}

}

Query 2 : Dynamically change the panel position.

From your shared details, we understand that you want to update the panel position in the Dashboard Layout component. You can meet your requirements by passing the Row, Col, and Id as arguments to the MovePanelAsync function. But currently, we are facing some issues with this method. So, we have already considered it a bug on our end. The fix for this issue will be included in our weekly patch release on November 15, 2022. You can track the status of the issue fix using the following feedback link.

Feedback link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38740/the-movepanelasync-method-does-not-work-in-the-blazor-dashboard-layout-component

Disclaimer: Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Leo Lavanya Dhanaraj

NI Nick replied to LeoLavanya Dhanaraj February 10, 2023 05:09 PM UTC

I am unable to see the status of this feedback. This is something I am trying to use as well.

IL Indhumathy Loganathan Syncfusion Team February 14, 2023 07:17 AM UTC

Hi Nick, We have enabled the feedback visibility for you. So kindly check out the below feedback link now.

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38740/the-movepanelasync-method-does-not-work-in-the-blazor-dashboard-layout-component

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon